Thread: Falcon FN6 back from service.

Falcon FN6 back from service.

I sent my FN6 away to Falcon for a service as I wasn't happy with the drop in fps over a 25 shot string and the Quickfill leaked...turned out it was a non-standard type...
    Had a spare hour or two this afternoon (anything to get away from the garden furniture painting..lol!) so ran the FN6 over the chrono after filling to 185 bar.
    I was using Geco .177 which it seems to be very accurate with at 15 yards and averaged about 5.5 fpe over the first 25 shots with about an 8 fps spread.
    The next 10 shots averaged about 5.2 fpe, shots 35 to 40 averaged about 4.9 fpe.
    Shot #45 was still a creditable 4.5 fpe...I'm well pleased with that....
    The service by Falcon has made the world of difference...before their work the velocity was dropping after each shot and I was lucky to get 25 useable shots...now just look at the results.
    The parts fitted list is as long as your arm...didn't know there was that many seals in a pistol..lol!!
    So, although they were a bit slow, Falcon have done the business on this pistol and it was worth waiting for....
    When I get time I'll run a string over the chrono using JSB Exacts and see how they go as that's what I'd use for HFT style target shooting and spinners ...I was using the Geco wadcutters for sighting up as the holes are easier to see at range (using a red dot so no magnification).
    I then shot my Side Shoot Cookie target....twasn't the guns fault...lol!!!

Eric.

Okay Eric,
    I want at least a gold from you in this months comp

ATB
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

Question Service

Sounds good but what was the cost of service

I believe the service is £ 90.00 including VAT and return postage but I had to pay a bit more as I had to have a Quickfill fitted ...I think all the seals etc needed for the servicing are included in the price but don't hold me to that...
    It sounds expensive but it's worth it...
    Eric.