Thread: Value of Webley sevice mk 2 with 3 barrels?

Value of Webley sevice mk 2 with 3 barrels?

Does anyone know the real value of a WEBLEY MARK 2 SERVICE AIR RIFLE, IT HAS 3 BARRELS A .22, .25 AND 177.
    ITS IN EXCELLENT CONDITION AND SERIAL NUMBER IS S8659. THE .25 HAS THE SAME NUMBER ON AND THE .22 IS UNNUMBERED AND THE 177 HAS 11448+362 ON.
    I WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF ANYONE KNOWS THE VALUE.
    MANY THANKS

hi looettes and welcome to the forum.

i don't know for sure how much your mk2 is worth... and quite frankly my track record in this department isn't good but they do go for a lot of money especially with all 3 barrels.

post some links to photos, or email some photos to me (email in profile) i'll upload them to my bit of webspace then post links here for all to see, you will get a better response if folk can see the item they are helping to value...

Twixt Dartmoor and Exmoor, Devon (Tiverton way)
    As above, welcome to the forum! We will be able to tell you a lot more about this if you post some photos!
    Beware the fury of a patient man... John Dryden (1631 - 1700).

My foxing website: www.foxonic.com

These are my estimates on prices for 3rd. pattern Webley Service Mk.II Air rifles.
    I'm sure others will have differing opinions.
    I would estimate an average 3rd. pattern Webley Service Mk.II with it's original numbered barrel, and very little original finish on the metalwork and normal usage marks to the stock, to be worth in the region of £250 - £300.
    Extra genuine Webley barrels in a similar condition should add an extra £100 per barrel if similarly numbered.
    If the barrels are un-numbered, but genuine Webley, the price should remain the same.
    If the barrels have different numbers to the rifle it does tend to devalue them slightly, but I wouldn't have thought by any more than £10 - £15 each.
    A good condition 3rd. pattern with a lot of it's original finish present and it's original numbered barrel, should fetch in the region of £350, with extra barrels, as above, in a similar condition, should add £110 - £120 each.
    Superb examples are difficult to price without seeing them or good quality photographs of them, but an estimate of £400 - £450 with original barrel shouldn't be far out.
    Genuine Webley Boxed or cased examples with extra barrels are in a different league altogether.
    As PaddySP has said, without pictures it's difficult to give an accurate figure.

Hello ,

I agree with Troubledshooter.
    There was a thread a while back , people posting pictures of their pride and joy. Somebody posted a picture of a three barrel Service in a case.
    Is yours something along those lines ?

I believe Troubledshooter may have that picture in his Imageshack link at the bottom of his threads.

I'd be interested also in seeing a photo or two of your rifle

Regards,

Sam

[QUOTE=Sam99;2871883]Hello ,

I agree with Troubledshooter.
    There was a thread a while back , people posting pictures of their pride and joy. Somebody posted a picture of a three barrel Service in a case.
    That leather cased 3 barrel Service is mine, as is the boxed example that appeared with it.

I believe Troubledshooter may have that picture in his Imageshack link at the bottom of his threads.

I still have all the pictures that appeared in my link, but unfortunately, Imageshack don't do galleries any more, so the link became invalid.

New link to relevant pictures in a new thread.
    Last edited by Troubledshooter; 02-08-2008 at 12:55 PM.

howa bout a night with the mrs ......

Thanks for advice everyone and I will post pictures on here of it when I work out how to do it..

If you are selling I would be interested.

I have seen this rifle and its a real nice one.

A very lovely example. And a very nice trusted person to deal with i might add, I think Davids estimate is very fair and correct without seeing it. But i must say this is one of the better examples i have seen over the years, so i would say around £650 -£700. i might even go for it myself.

Pictures Of The Actual Rifle

Sorry i did not take the pictures of the barrels. POSTED ON THE RIFLES FOR SALE SECTION

As the picture emailed to another BBS member by Looettes, is of the Service rifle which has been advertised on 'Micks Guns' site for some time, and is still shown there, is this the same rifle ?