Thread: Webley Premier Barrel same as Tempest?

Webley Premier Barrel same as Tempest?

I have located a Premier .22 barrel for sale in new condition.Seller wants £50 includes packing and postage. Will it fit my Tempest? (now a .177) Tried to access Chambers and Gunspares to see if the same part numbers applied and for price check and both come up as "Under Construction"??? Thoughts from the more knowledgeable please. Thanks

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    The Tempest in .22 is a waste of time, the velocity is in the low 300's and there is no way to squeeze any more power out of this design of pistol.

You are definitely better off in all respects by keeping the pistol as a .177, trajectory is flatter and you will be slightly more accurate than with the .22.

If you really need one, if you e-mail Chambers they should reply. But I ordered a spring from them 2 days ago so you should be able to order a barrel online soon, it must just be down for a bit of maintenance.

You could try e-mailing them directly - this is their e-mail

sales@gunspares.co.uk

best regards

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy
    IIRC, the barrel of a premier and the tempest differ in the length between the barrel pivot and the cocking link "strap" which is'nt really a strap but although it's only 2 or 3mm different the linkages wont allow the pistol to be cocked or the barrel to close whichever way round it happens to be.

I tried this a lifetime ago and ended up making a new link bar to compensate the barrel to close but then the sear would'nt engage to cock the damn thing?

PAUL

I for one prefer the .22 for some strange reason I find the .22 more accurate than the .177 but thats just me.
    It would make more sense for you to look out for a .22 tempest and buy that you should get one for not to much more than the cost of that barrel you could then shoot the caliber that you like and get your money back when or if you decide to sell it.