Thread: help needed on air arms s100

d gray Guest

help needed on air arms s100

hi all i have just baught an aa s100 and would like some info on it its in near mint condition and the best part is that it only cost me £10 yes it was only a tenner any help much appreacated.

What sort of help/info are you after ?

They were sporter part of the range that included the XM100 and the NJR100 and came in to replace the Shamal. Best fill pressure is around 2500 - 2700 psi.

Just reread your thread you say s100 ? Think that should be either SM100 (in which case details as above) or S200 which is a different beasty altogether.

S200 made by CZ and rebadged. Best fill around 175 bar
    Last edited by stevew71; 24-05-2004 at 01:00 PM.
    I'm telling you it moved!

RochdaleLad Guest

Re: help needed on air arms s100

Originally posted by d gray
    hi all i have just baught an aa s100 and would like some info on it its in near mint condition and the best part is that it only cost me £10 yes it was only a tenner any help much appreacated.
    If it only cost you a tenner... I'd worry Get it checked by a gunsmith before you charge it up.

It may be in mint condition, but who knows what the internals look like. We wouldn't want it blowing up in your face... Assuming its a PCP that is.

</tuppance>

David.

d gray Guest

thanks

thanks for the info guys the rifle in question is at a regersterd firearms dealer at the moment haveing the quick once over and thankfully its holding a full charge the name of it is the xm100 not the s100 as i stated earlyer any more info would be nice what it was used for ie hunter target rifle etc

The XM100 was one up from the sm100. I think there was no mechanicl differences just a difference in stocks. Good rifles and spares are still available. Nick Jenkinson would probably have some and would be able to service it. The Olympic trigger can be fitted. which came as standard on an NJR100. The NJR was the pinacle of the FT scene in the early 90's. The series in order of ascending cost:
    Sm100
    XM100
    TM100
    NJR100.

Olny the NJR100 came with regulator as standard.

Hope that helps.
    Alex

d gray Guest

thanks al

cherrs mate that helped alot hope to get it in the feild v soon as its such a lovley rifle to look at hope it shoots as good as it looks mate

s100

Any pictures / info on this rifle?

Air Arms sm100 shamal

I have one of these rifles, I only bought it last weekend I put a scope on it and zeroed it and I went out earlier tonight and knocked down six bunnies. I'd like know how you would be able to tell if it's regulated or not, or would you need a chrono.