Thread: Kral Demon.

neil9629 is offline Holds the family record for most pencils nicked from Argos

Kral Demon.

I have had the above gun for a while at the back of the cabinet.
    Dragged it out yesterday for a bit of degrease and polish.

Welsh willy kit fitted - good news.
    4 penny pieces as washers in the piston - not good news.

Stripped, cleaned, polished and lubed and I can only coax 5.8 ft.lbs out of it.

Any advice welcome, also can anybody tell me the o ring size in the breach seal set?

Cheers chaps.
    Don't blame me, I voted UKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by neil9629 View Post
    I have had the above gun for a while at the back of the cabinet.
    Dragged it out yesterday for a bit of degrease and polish.

Welsh willy kit fitted - good news.
    4 penny pieces as washers in the piston - not good news.

Stripped, cleaned, polished and lubed and I can only coax 5.8 ft.lbs out of it.

Any advice welcome, also can anybody tell me the o ring size in the breach seal set?

Cheers chaps.
    hi Neil. have you tried it with the old spring and the rest of the kit? is the new spring vastly different to the old one?

you could try the toilet paper trick on the breech trick to see if its a problem with the breech seals.

paul

Evening Paul,

Sorry, I haven't explained myself properly.

I bought the gun and basically forgot about it, when I stripped it, I was surprised to find the previous owner had fitted a willy drop in.

Looking at the preloaded, I can only assume it has the wrong spring fitted.

I'll do a little research tomorrow and try and find out the spring dimensions.

Cheers
    Neil
    Last edited by neil9629; 16-05-2017 at 10:41 PM.

Evening Paul,

Sorry, I haven't explained myself properly.

I bought the gun and basically forgot about it, when I stripped it, I was surprised to find the previous owner had fitted a willy drop in.

Looking at the preloaded, I can only assume it has the wrong spring fitted.

I'll do a little research tomorrow and Tey and find out the spring dimensions.

Cheers
    Neil
    I see Neil. they share the same workings as other rifles . so finding out what spring was originally was in it may help.

some say its a rebadged gamo cfx. so might need to start looking there
    https://www.customairseals.com/produ...y-breech-seal/ breech seal kit

or o-ring sizes here http://www.network54.com/Forum/47903...t+it%27s+worth

and the spring is a titan no.13 as seen here http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....46#post7259846

Paul

p.s .not yet checked that bush on the car I spoke to you about as the wifes not not been well enough to drive. my mate is a mechanic and he will check it for me . thanks for the advice .its appreciated.
    Last edited by bighit; 16-05-2017 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I see Neil. they share the same workings as other rifles . so finding out what spring was originally was in it may help.

some say its a rebadged gamo cfx. so might need to start looking there
    https://www.customairseals.com/produ...y-breech-seal/ breech seal kit

or o-ring sizes here http://www.network54.com/Forum/47903...t+it%27s+worth
    paul
    Grand stuff, I'll look into replacing the seals before anything else.

Grand stuff, I'll look into replacing the seals before anything else.
    I added more in that post lol

hope you get it sorted
    paul

I added more in that post lol

hope you get it sorted
    paul
    Paul,
    A lift makes the job so much easier, get a bar between the subframe and wishbone and check for movement.

Like I say, these get missed a lot of times in mots as it takes quite a bit of pressure to try and move the wheel fore and aft.

A small amount of play makes a big amount of scrub.

On the subject of the gun, I'll search the dimensions for the titan No;13, and see if I have anything in the (very limited) spares box.

Thanks again.

Paul,
    A lift makes the job so much easier, get a bar between the subframe and wishbone and check for movement.

Like I say, these get missed a lot of times in mots as it takes quite a bit of pressure to try and move the wheel fore and aft.

A small amount of play makes a big amount of scrub.

On the subject of the gun, I'll search the dimensions for the titan No;13, and see if I have anything in the (very limited) spares box.

Thanks again.
    cheers Neil. it will be going on a lift. he has access to one . its more the fact the guy did the tracking and never spotted it. he also changed the tyres at the mot that was badly scrubbed yet just changed the tyre and did the tracking.

regarding the spring. post 46 on here gives its dimensions. it may need cut down though . so you might have one that is the right size but is a cut down titan if you get what I mean?

cheers Neil. it will be going on a lift. he has access to one . its more the fact the guy did the tracking and never spotted it. he also changed the tyres at the mot that was badly scrubbed yet just changed the tyre and did the tracking.

regarding the spring. post 46 on here gives its dimensions. it may need cut down though . so you might have one that is the right size but is a cut down titan if you get what I mean?
    Yep I follow you.

Looking at the preload, as I understand it, the spring guide should stand proud of the compression tube by 10mm or thereabouts.

While the top of my spring guide is a good 20mm inside of the top of the compression tube.

I'm going to get some exact measurements, then hunt for a spring of the required length (without any power washers on the guide).

Then can fine tune by either lopping off a coil or two to bring it down, or adding the delrin washers to get an acceptable power figure.

Am I on the right track?

Cheers.

Yep I follow you.

Looking at the preload, as I understand it, the spring guide should stand proud of the compression tube by 10mm or thereabouts.

While the top of my spring guide is a good 20mm inside of the top of the compression tube.

I'm going to get some exact measurements, then hunt for a spring of the required length (without any power washers on the guide).

Then can fine tune by either lopping off a coil or two to bring it down, or adding the delrin washers to get an acceptable power figure.

Am I on the right track?

Cheers.
    never striped one Neil so can't say . this might help http://www.oocities.org/temp_cfx/index_en.htm

http://www.network54.com/Forum/47903...+-+long+-+pics mind this is a US based guide so it may be more than the uk limit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLoFt4yLuiw 2.30 mins in he shows the end cap off.
    Last edited by bighit; 17-05-2017 at 01:45 PM.

I wonder if the previous owner had deliberately under sprung it for plinking or bell target or easy cocking?
    Rich
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I wonder if the previous owner had deliberately under sprung it for plinking or bell target or easy cocking?
    Rich
    Possibly, it shoots lovely n smooth.

But then why add 4 penny pieces between piston and spring?

Thanks for all the help chaps.

Possibly, it shoots lovely n smooth.

But then why add 4 penny pieces between piston and spring?

Thanks for all the help chaps.
    Maybe adding the preload and therefore weight at the piston enhanced the shot cycle with that set up?

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Maybe adding the preload and therefore weight at the piston enhanced the shot cycle with that set up?
    Just seems a little 'amateur' for anyone knowing about shot cycles.

One of lifes mysteries.

Just seems a little 'amateur' for anyone knowing about shot cycles.

One of lifes mysteries.
    It could of course just have been the quickest, easiest bodge available to take up the slack