Thread: Fenman~Recoil

The Birdman Guest

Unhappy Fenman~Recoil

Had a new .22 Fenman 3 week's now, I'm puzzled by the claim by Theoben that it has "Hardly any recoil" ? Mine ****** does, Do I have a dodgy one or what ? Please help !
    Last edited by The Birdman; 24-05-2004 at 02:10 PM.

michaeladkins Guest
    The one i had a go with DID recoil but it was totally different to normal Spring rifle recoil.
    It was "quick" but i could not get on with it at all as i found it quite harsh.

Luckily it was not my rifle.

Michael

Edit.
    Also tried a Fenman, which had been modified by a customshop at the request of the owner who had complained about the recoil of his (2nd hand) rifle.
    This rifle had a longer barrel and had been adjusted internally and was much nicer to shoot.
    Last edited by michaeladkins; 24-05-2004 at 02:35 PM.

draftsmann Guest
    My experience of shooting a Fenman is that it felt very "jumpy" and harsh compared to my rifles equipped with a traditional bit of coiled steel.

Adrian

Should shoot sweetly especially in .22 if they feel harsh its usually a singed piston crown washer, cant se that on a 3 wek old gun though, you aint let a mate pump it up or summat I suppose

baz

I have a Fenman in .177, and it's true she do jump somewhat, but the lock time is so fast that, with proper hold and follow- through, this is a very accurate rifle.

Love mine to bits.

The Birdman Guest
    Thanks to you all for your help. It is very accurate, Think its the shooter ? More used to PCP's. Do love the Fenman and sure it will be a "Keeper" Real "Mans" gun, Don't know why i bought it then ??? Thanks again.