Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: simmons aetec 2,8-10x44 phillipene

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
    Hi Martin

Thanks for the info, however when i contacted Simmons UK they cannot help me saying they dont keep any spares and dont know how to get them.

Pleasant enough on the phone but no suggestions how to obtain any spare caps.

And thats the agent for Simmons, Only interested in selling new gear.

My scope is model no 800865 if anybody can help i would be grateful.
    Done the same thing with me for a sun shade fella,try simmons usa well simmons.com,i think that stoney point do replacement target style covers,so have a look,other wise post in the wanted as i seen a few turret caps the other day,cant remember what they were for.
    atb

Quote Originally Posted by Oddbob08 View Post
    Well I've seen a new 3.8-12x44AO Philipene made Aetec going for £224.99 plus postage, are they that much better than the WTC 3.5-10x50? These are going for £50-£60 less, is the extra money worth it?
    just noticed,the new versions are not phillipine made mate so be care full,you can spot the difference by the zoom ring.
    atb

if it happens to be a old stock phillipene the yes go for it as the field of view way exceeds any scope on the maket in its zoom range the little wtc has massive field of view,what im sayin is basicly the aetec threw its zoom range has biggest field of view then any scope that i know of and is in gun digest and theres a lot.

look on simmons website at the aetecs,if they look the same then they are not a phillipene model,weather there now saying there phillipene made is another thing but ive heard nothing but bad about the new models, mainly due to build quality and not as clear and bright.
    atb

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Hi Martin1, thanks for this and a good, comprehensive read.

I think your suggestion for more scope reviews is an excellent point. My only thought is for a real scope comparison test -- ie lots of different scopes side-by-side with some kind of qualitative comparison point. I think Nick Jenkinson has done this a couple of times in the magazines and I love reading them. I have three different scopes as per my signature. Your post has fired me up to set aside some time, sometime, and do a little review of each and make a conclusion in comparison to price.
    I know tim finley has done this in the past,i aint bought the airgunner or airgun world as they messed me up on a direct debit and left me paying £70 for apsolutely nothing.

i can remember tim done burris/leupold/schmidt o bender/light stream his done loads but he did a big comparison.

if your keen on scopes like i sort of am, well i am hard core scope curious then check optics talk.
    i posted a light comparison on here that was done in germany or some where and i can say this, meopta/zeiss and doctor are the scopes to go for schmidt o bender if your rich but i aint.

see i know that tim also has done budget scopes like the basic hawke map fo hft but i never seen a wtc or aetec review.

yea defo,more scope reviews are needed,as soons you get the gun you luv and does what you want,you then move on to scopes and tuning,ive got my guns super10s x2 and i spent loads on scopes,but stucck with the simmons wtc 6.5-20x50 and the 2.8-10x44 aetec.

i will do a big review on what ive owned soons i get time.
    ive not had nothing to expensive but i have gone threw a load.
    take care

Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
    Hi Martin1, thanks for this and a good, comprehensive read.

I think your suggestion for more scope reviews is an excellent point. My only thought is for a real scope comparison test -- ie lots of different scopes side-by-side with some kind of qualitative comparison point. I think Nick Jenkinson has done this a couple of times in the magazines and I love reading them. I have three different scopes as per my signature. Your post has fired me up to set aside some time, sometime, and do a little review of each and make a conclusion in comparison to price.
    just looked at what you had,i bet youve spent some money to get where you are just like me.
    yea you should do a post as you have a few good scopes there mate,id be verry interested how the wtc compares to the bushnell 4200.
    take care

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1 View Post
    well,not really,they are better on field of view"way bigger" and a little clearer at long distance "the aetec is"
    if you have looked threw the new ones and the wtc i should think the wtc is better then the new ones as the new ones are not manufactured in the same phillipene factory as before.
    i would grab your wtcs while you can too as once there gone there gone as there dis continued.
    real shame as now there is no real good sub £200 scope in my opinion and nothing that can touch the wtc in its price bracket or even double,aetecs and wtc in my opinion are better the leupold vxi and vxii at nearly double the price,says it all really.
    atb
    Thanks MARTIN1

I bought a S/H MFR with a older model Aetec 3.8-12x44AO mounted on it. I took it off and fitted a Viper 10x44 cos I thought it would be a better option with the SCB ret.

How wrong was I

It didn't take me long to re-fit the Aetec and I must say, its my favourite scope at the moment.

Chrystal clear optics, with a fantastic D.O.F. Parralax set at 25yds and you can clearly see kill zones from 10-45 yards.

I want another!

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

As I wrote in earlier posts the Simmons WTC, Pro air and Aetec ranges made in the Philippines and now discontinued are fantastic scopes which give others costing much more a real problem both optically and by quality of build. The one downside is that the reticles are simple 30:30 so if you need something else these scopes are not for you. I love mine. I own several and use them all the time for everything except target shooting where I find mildots a great help.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

aetec 3.8-12x44

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    As I wrote in earlier posts the Simmons WTC, Pro air and Aetec ranges made in the Philippines and now discontinued are fantastic scopes which give others costing much more a real problem both optically and by quality of build. The one downside is that the reticles are simple 30:30 so if you need something else these scopes are not for you. I love mine. I own several and use them all the time for everything except target shooting where I find mildots a great help.
    Hi all i have two aetec 3.8-12x44 both on rapids, and an old wtc 3.5-10x50 on annie 1517. totaly agree great scopes would never part with. regards bootsie.

Picked one of these up for a song, £45. Had a lot of wear & tear on the outside but still prerfect optically. What a supprise, field of view and brightness superb, beats my personal favourite, the Pro-Air on both pionts, and smaller/ lighter. An ideal hunter, just turn the mag down for close shots, who needs P/A when hunting anyway.
    Custom Target Woodwork www.customtargetwoodwork.co.uk
    Feinwerkbau P70FT-FWB-Steyr LG100FT-Steyr LG110FT-Steyr Hunting5 Scout-Hammerli Lp 20 Pro-CP88 Target Nickel-HW77-HW97K-HW98-Hw85-HW95 The Falcon man.

Simmons aetec 2.8-10 x 44 I have one not sure how much to ask for

Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1 View Post
    I know,i was thinking that but the scope deserved the review.
    hi mate, keep your eyes open as if i tell you where i got mine then i will have no chance in getting another.
    remember the review is for the old phillipene model not the new.
    people with the old will rarely sell on,expesialy for cheap so expect to pay in excess of the price of new for a new version or may be you get lucky like me.i put mine up for sale and then with drawed it as it was to good to let go for the price.
    but as i said these are worth paying up to £150-200 as there simply stunning for that money "my opinion" other people or your self may have different opinions,so dont go and buy on just my review " i would sa try and have a look threw one and scope for that matter before you buy".for airgun use and close range on the magnification of mine,most scopes cant touch it and if they do its purely on brightness and clarity,nothing else and they are way more then double the price of these aetecs when they were new.
    hope you enjoyed the review and all the best .

ps lovely knowing you got a scope better then scopes double the price
    I have this if interested not sure on worth it's the master series and silver in mint condition got with a rifle but don't need it

Quote Originally Posted by Paullitchfield View Post
    I have this if interested not sure on worth it's the master series and silver in mint condition got with a rifle but don't need it
    The master series Aetec is made in China,and a world away from the original gloss Aetec.
    I think they also had a matte option made in the Phillipines too.
    Superb quality,and now very very collectable,especially gloss versions.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/7192...21379/?fref=ts Rapid 7,HW100kt .177,Theoben Fenman, BSA Goldstar,Daystate HW30S shrouded and tuned, HW99S (Paul Short tuned)

simmons aetec 2,8-10x44 phillipene

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb View Post
    Hi Martin

Thanks for the info, however when i contacted Simmons UK they cannot help me saying they dont keep any spares and dont know how to get them.

Pleasant enough on the phone but no suggestions how to obtain any spare caps.

And thats the agent for Simmons, Only interested in selling new gear.

My scope is model no 800865 if anybody can help i would be grateful.
    If you know anyone with a hawke sport scope try their lens caps they fit the old whitetail models not sure about your scope, hawke spares are easier to get hold of.

I passed my Philippine made one on as its quite a heavy scope. Just pointing out that fact.
    As Simmons goes its certainly feature rich and has the feel of quality build. At the time I wasn't having much luck with Simmons scopes having returned three 8 Point examples for not holding POI with front parallax movement. Lost confidence in them. I can see why people would like them; just didn't work for me.