Quote Originally Posted by C3PO_1 View Post
Hi Martin1, thanks for this and a good, comprehensive read.

I think your suggestion for more scope reviews is an excellent point. My only thought is for a real scope comparison test -- ie lots of different scopes side-by-side with some kind of qualitative comparison point. I think Nick Jenkinson has done this a couple of times in the magazines and I love reading them. I have three different scopes as per my signature. Your post has fired me up to set aside some time, sometime, and do a little review of each and make a conclusion in comparison to price.
I know tim finley has done this in the past,i aint bought the airgunner or airgun world as they messed me up on a direct debit and left me paying £70 for apsolutely nothing.

i can remember tim done burris/leupold/schmidt o bender/light stream his done loads but he did a big comparison.

if your keen on scopes like i sort of am, well i am hard core scope curious then check optics talk.
i posted a light comparison on here that was done in germany or some where and i can say this, meopta/zeiss and doctor are the scopes to go for schmidt o bender if your rich but i aint.

see i know that tim also has done budget scopes like the basic hawke map fo hft but i never seen a wtc or aetec review.

yea defo,more scope reviews are needed,as soons you get the gun you luv and does what you want,you then move on to scopes and tuning,ive got my guns super10s x2 and i spent loads on scopes,but stucck with the simmons wtc 6.5-20x50 and the 2.8-10x44 aetec.

i will do a big review on what ive owned soons i get time.
ive not had nothing to expensive but i have gone threw a load.
take care