Thread: simmons aetec 2,8-10x44 phillipene

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MARTIN1 View Post
    well,not really,they are better on field of view"way bigger" and a little clearer at long distance "the aetec is"
    if you have looked threw the new ones and the wtc i should think the wtc is better then the new ones as the new ones are not manufactured in the same phillipene factory as before.
    i would grab your wtcs while you can too as once there gone there gone as there dis continued.
    real shame as now there is no real good sub £200 scope in my opinion and nothing that can touch the wtc in its price bracket or even double,aetecs and wtc in my opinion are better the leupold vxi and vxii at nearly double the price,says it all really.
    atb
    Thanks MARTIN1

I bought a S/H MFR with a older model Aetec 3.8-12x44AO mounted on it. I took it off and fitted a Viper 10x44 cos I thought it would be a better option with the SCB ret.

How wrong was I

It didn't take me long to re-fit the Aetec and I must say, its my favourite scope at the moment.

Chrystal clear optics, with a fantastic D.O.F. Parralax set at 25yds and you can clearly see kill zones from 10-45 yards.

I want another!

Rick.
    Displaced Grumpy Old Yorkshireman www.fortairgunclub.com

As I wrote in earlier posts the Simmons WTC, Pro air and Aetec ranges made in the Philippines and now discontinued are fantastic scopes which give others costing much more a real problem both optically and by quality of build. The one downside is that the reticles are simple 30:30 so if you need something else these scopes are not for you. I love mine. I own several and use them all the time for everything except target shooting where I find mildots a great help.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

aetec 3.8-12x44

Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    As I wrote in earlier posts the Simmons WTC, Pro air and Aetec ranges made in the Philippines and now discontinued are fantastic scopes which give others costing much more a real problem both optically and by quality of build. The one downside is that the reticles are simple 30:30 so if you need something else these scopes are not for you. I love mine. I own several and use them all the time for everything except target shooting where I find mildots a great help.
    Hi all i have two aetec 3.8-12x44 both on rapids, and an old wtc 3.5-10x50 on annie 1517. totaly agree great scopes would never part with. regards bootsie.