Hi,
I think people need to post more reviews on there scopes,cheap,expensive or what ever just to give new people a idea of what they can get or what not to get.

simmons aetec 2.8-10c44 phillipene is the old model,not the new and it is in my opinion on par with a few double its price and has features that no other scope has.

build quality,
it is a true plex "duplex" and is fixed paralax,1 piece construction with aspherical if i have spelt that right, lenses is which means it is oval shaped and i beleive it is not glass but a synthetic mould.
it is solidly built and looks like leupold at the back end with locking fast focus eye piece which helps with any paralax error you may get.
it is a small light weight scope around 11.9 in lengh and will sit on low to medium mounts "depending on rifle".
its a real light weight scope at 15.5ozs.

adjustments,
are the coin slotted typ but dont let this put you off as i can turn them buy pressing my thumb firmly against them.
clicks are smooth and audible with a positive feel to them and they are the screw on cap and forget type.
zoom ring is firm and smooth a long with fast focus eye piece.

Glass,
fully multi coated aspherical lenses that are on par with leupold vxiii in my opinion but the vxiii is a bit brighter.
it is crystal clear on every mag with no distortation or blacking out or blacking from in side tube showing.
It is excellent for night work as well and a bit brighter and clearer then the wtc range.weird?the scope is 2.8-10x44 so objectives 44mm?it actually measures 56mm overall i dia metre.
the eye box is big compared to most and i guess this is where it gets its big field of view from.
facts,
no other scope can match the aetec with field of view,on 2.8mag it is 44 foot at 100 yard and 14 foot on full mag.
no scope of simular mag comes close and you really can notice the difference as i have compared to 3mag scopes and even big 50-56mm objectives.eye relief is 5 inch and very easy on the eye.

overall,10/10 for price, 9/10 for brightness,10/10 for build 9/10 for clarity,10/10 for night clarity and 10/10 for a budget buy that will smash most double it asking price.
i would say snap these up if you come across them for what ever price under £200 but remember the old version which is phillipene model not the new,i have read bad reviews on the new aetec but personnely can not comment.you can tell this by the prices,the old aetects like mine reviewed were £250+ and new ones are at £150 ish.
tell the difference,
the new one has a different zoom ring,the old one has a locking type simular to the wtc and leupold.
objective housing has aetec engraved with some scroll work which is neet.

hope you enjoyed the read and may be other owners will comment, remember this is the old phillipine not the new one.
ATB