Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MFR Bipod

machasm Guest

MFR Bipod

Hi All,
    When fitting a bipod to a rapid I notice that a buddy bottle adaptor from BAR is available. Does anyone know if this will fit on an MFR?
    Thanks.
    Mac

Reading, The Royal County of Berkshire, England.
    Machasm,

I use the same bipod mount on my Rapid 7 MKI. It fits snuggly onto the 400CC bottle, but I cannot see how it would/could fit onto a 280CC bottle that the MFR uses. The other option is to sweet talk one or two of the people on the BBS who can fabricate such items. Best of luck in finding what you're looking for.

Regards,
    Gix.

machasm Guest
    Thanks Gix,
    If not fitting this bracket, how else would one fit a bipod to the MFR?
    The part of the stock surrounding the buddy bottle seems too thin to insert a swivel and if the swivel is to be inserted where the stock is thicker that would seem to be too far back in my opinion. What does anyone else think/do?
    Mac.

The wood is too thin and I really don't think it could support a bi-pod. The only solution would be to re enforce the wood on the inside with some sort of metal plate, this could hold the stud and spread the weight/stress over a greater area. However I won't be tinkering with my babies..

I thought of the clamp, one is available for the BSA S10 which uses a bottle of the same diameter, I think. I really don't like the idea of the rifles weight (if a sling was also fitted) being held by buddy bottle threads, just seems a bit dangerous to me

Just my thoughts anyway

Dazz

berthaboo Guest
    not a 100% sure but dont someone make one for the 280cc as i think i can remember seeing one some where on the net

Snapshot. Guest
    Keef (www.xbandm.co.uk) make 'em.
    I put a stud into my MFR stock at the point where it thickens as the bottle screws into the reg. It's a bit further back than I'd like but not too bad.

Jonathan

Buddy bottle clamp

I had Keith Mepham from XBandM make one for my 280cc MFR Buddy bottle. Cost £30 plus £2 p&p.

I had Keith make one that is slightly different than the normal type which requires an allen key to tighten / remove. My request was for one with an extended screw + lug so it can be fitted and removed without an allen key.

I will try and put up some pictures.

Bar used to sell a clamp for a 280cc bottle (I know because I've got one).
    It's exactly the same design as the one for the 400cc bottle advertised on their site and tightens using an allen key.
    Don't know why they stopped sellinig them though

machasm Guest
    Thanks guys for your replies.
    I have asked Keith from XB and M to have a look for me.
    Mac

Keep me informed, may be interested myself

Cheers Dazz

machasm Guest
    Will do Dazz.
    Mac

zooankski Guest
    i would be interested in an mfr bipod adapter too-let me know!

Picture

If anyone wants a picture of the one that Keith made for me just let me know and I'll e-mail you a picture.

Snapshot. Guest
    Email it to me and I'll host it on my web space with a link so everyone interested can see it.

Jonathan

BB Clamp

Thanks Jonathan, I have sent you some pictures.

As you will see once the pictures are posted up, the clamp screw has an extended tab in order to tighten / undo the clamp without an allen key.

The bipod spring has caught on the tab and bought off the black finish and I have also Used my Leatherman Wave to slacken off the clamp with first taking off the bipod from the clamp.

In all fairness to Keith, it was I who asked for this design, which I am sure, is very much a prototype as regards the screw tab. If I had thought about it beforehand, I would have wrapped some black electrical tape around the spring to stop it rubbing on the tab (could also put some around the tab).

Overall, I am very pleased with this clamp.