Thread: Webley Omega stock; refinish or not?

Webley Omega stock; refinish or not?

My .22 Omega stock has a few marks and scratches to the original lacquer. Now should I refinish it or leave it as is?

I think I should refinish it as it already appears "custom" (with a professionally carbined barrel and detacheable muzzle weight) and therefore a refinished stock will compliment it. What do my fellow BBS Omega luvvies think?

ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

stock

Yea refinish it Rich ive done all my beech stocked rifles if you take your time and do a good job they look much better as you can see all the grain underneath that brown lacqure, DO IT ATB Andy

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    I too would be inclined to do it as the rifle has already enjoyed some modification. I had a similar dilemma with my FWB Sport 127 and will have again with my "soon to arrive" FWB 124, but as my FWB 127 came out good, I have no worries about embarking on the same again . Atb: Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Thanks for the replies guys......

.....did you oil or varnish your beech stocks?
    ATB Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

stock

I always oil finish my stocks, i give them about 5 or 6 coats of either truoil or danish oil but gently rub over the stock with a fine grade wire wool before applying another coat, truoil gives quite a glossy coat where as danish oil gives you more of a satain/matt finish, cheers Andy