Thread: carry /dispense pellets

carry /dispense pellets

whats the most effective way? the tin make too much noise is pain in ar#e to get into quickly they get squashed in your pocket.
    you guys must have sused this 1 out. you can prob buy something i use tic tac box but its not ideal.
    advice please
    si

35mm film roll tub

Snapshot. Guest
    There are all sorts of different pellet pouches, some that can be attached to the belt and others that are slung round the neck. I favour the latter and have a soft leather one from Nite Hunter (www.nite-hunter.com) that has a magnetic strip to close it. BAR (www.airgunbuyer.com) have a range of hard leather pouches which are also very good.

Jonathan

bennyblanco Guest
    its a bit gay, but i have nicked a tiny silver perse from the better halve, nice and soft so keeps the pellets good. light and nearly flat, you can lie on it and it doesnt hurt, doesnt rattle like a film tube and easier to get in and get a pellet without tipping them out. Mmmm, lovely

Originally posted by mark_hammond
    its a bit gay, but i have nicked a tiny silver perse from the better halve, nice and soft so keeps the pellets good. light and nearly flat, you can lie on it and it doesnt hurt, doesnt rattle like a film tube and easier to get in and get a pellet without tipping them out. Mmmm, lovely
    And you can dance around it at the disco

Consults the "Cleaning coffee from your keyboard" and "Monitor cleaning for those caught off-guard" guide!

Ogri the trog
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Hi,

Another way to carry some pellets and to get easy access to them is to take a piece of pipe insulation (sort of closed cell foam) and make it fit your scope body and make a tighting system for the foam. Then punch some holes in the foam and stick your pellets into the holes in the foam. The holes should be smaller in diameter than the pellets but not so tight you canīt get the pellets in and out without deforming the pellets. On the other hand the holes should not be so large that they canīt hold the pellets.

A very cheap way of doing things.

Rgds,
    Thunderbolt A-10
    Last edited by Thunderbolt A10; 26-05-2004 at 08:40 AM.

I use 15mm pipe insulation, cut a piece 3-4" long, make a few holes with a small screwdriver and then push it on the scope. It doesn't fall off & the pellets don't fall out.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Thumbs up Pellet Pouch

If you go to some of these market stalls selling purses etc and rummage about they normally have small pouches about 3" square and flat. The ones with a spring top are excellent. You just squeeze the top and it flexes open and then snaps shut when you release the pressure. The are really soft leather and only cost about Ģ1.50. HTH
    Tutchi

Ravenskull Guest
    method i use is simple:
    cut 1 6inch length of thickish rubber say 5mm thick.
    at each end punch a largeish hole (to attach the strip to the buttons of jacket/shirt/etc)
    punch 4 rows of equally spaced,slightly less than pellet diameter, holes down the strip of rubber (to hold the pellets)
    attach to shirt by pushing large holes over the buttons on front of shirt/jacket, fill small holes with pellets, and away you go- no rattleing tins, no pouch to drop, nothing to get caught on branches, and all yer pellets are easily accessible.

Talking thanks

the insulation sounds like just the thing. i will get some next time im in town . thanks guys.
    the wifes purse mmm a guy has to be careful here on the mainland people talk and out here in the country a fellow could find himself in trouble wandering around with such an item.
    si

I have made a pellet holder out of old shotgun cartriges, im sure if you have any shotgunning friends or shoot yourself you can get hold of some emptys, all you do is have 2 cartriges of the same size i.e 2 12 bores, they dont have to be the same length, you get one cartridge and hold it by the plastic and heat the metal with a lighter, when you see the plastic around the metal starting to go gooey (not to much) you pull the metal part off with a pair of pliers (carefull its still going to be very hot) you let it cool and the all you do is pop it over the open end of the other cartridge, it should be a nice tight fit.
    p.s if when you pull the metal from the plastic you have bits of stretched plastic in the metal (you will know what i mean if you do it) just let it cool and then pull them out with needle nose pliers.