Thread: Makarov Mp654 Not Cocking

Makarov Mp654 Not Cocking

Went To Gun Club Yesterday Shot About 6 Mags When Pistol Faild To Cock
    Seems To Be That The Trigger Linkage Lever Drops Down To Far And Gets Stuck And Carnt Engage The Hammer
    Stangely It Works Fine Up Side Down Had A Look When I Got Home But Nothing Seems To Be Missing Or Broken Any Ideas

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by hydroclamp View Post
    Stangely It Works Fine Up Side Down Had A Look When I Got Home But Nothing Seems To Be Missing Or Broken Any Ideas

Andrew
    One handed hand stands, Move to Oz

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

The link bar is forced upwards by a small spring, fitted beneath the bar. It will probably have just come off. Take off the grips and slide and see if you can hear a very tiny rattle.

yep

thats what i was gonna say,,obviously a spring has failed somewhere

Its a leaf spring that splits into two that runs up the back of the gun under the grip.

use this guide
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVY4BEpVEwg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2T-OGBEH50

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    My Mak is the same - will I need a new leaf spring, or simply adjust the existing one?
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

Mines been packed with a thin shim to adjust it up just right.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Nickpan is offline I love a lot of slippery, soapy men's bums!
    Ooh! Tell me more!
    To push the skinny leaf away from the gun body, or toward?
    I think I can also bodge it by putting a shim betwixt top of trigger and where it meets the guard. This moves the trig back a bit, and takes up some slack, which keeps pressure on the bit between trigger bar and sear. It's this bit that wobbles around, but should be kept up. If it wobbles too low, the Mak won't fire in single action. This is why it will only fire upside down.

So, any tips on the leaf springs? The Youtube guides aren't quite relevant, as their Mak doesn't have the bit.
    Last edited by Nickpan; 06-02-2009 at 06:58 PM.
    no such words as alot or ect, and do you really want to add a second 'o' in 'lose', unless you're talking about something that isn't very tight?

I'll get a piccy of mine up for you over the weekend Nick

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

Nick,
    apologies fella, just found this and realised what it was for.

http://i511.photobucket.com/albums/s...Picture019.jpg

Hope it's useful

Russ