Thread: Happy as a Sand Boy

Scarecrow Guest

Happy as a Sand Boy

Haven't been into hunting with an airgun for very long, but now that I am, all I can say is IT'S BRILLIANT!!

I live next to an apple orchard, and was getting rabbits coming through to my garden and digging holes everywhere, like they do.

Spoke to the farm manager about the problem, and he gave me permission to shoot the rabbits, despite having his own lads who come round from time to time doing the same thing (they use shotties).

Got home this evening about 8:30 after a late shift, and thought I would just have a look see. Well blow me, 2 minutes after stepping out the front door I had bagged one, and I hadn't even bothered with the cammo gear.

English summer, wandering around in a T-shirt, and provided the main course for tomorrows dinner within 2 minutes of walking out the house. All I can say is it doesn't get much better than that.

On ma dirt farm near Dudley in the Westmidlands.

Re: Happy as a Sand Boy

Originally posted by Scarecrow
    Haven't been into hunting with an airgun for very long, but now that I am, all I can say is IT'S BRILLIANT!!

I live next to an apple orchard, and was getting rabbits coming through to my garden and digging holes everywhere, like they do.

Spoke to the farm manager about the problem, and he gave me permission to shoot the rabbits, despite having his own lads who come round from time to time doing the same thing (they use shotties).

Got home this evening about 8:30 after a late shift, and thought I would just have a look see. Well blow me, 2 minutes after stepping out the front door I had bagged one, and I hadn't even bothered with the cammo gear.

English summer, wandering around in a T-shirt, and provided the main course for tomorrows dinner within 2 minutes of walking out the house. All I can say is it doesn't get much better than that.

Indeed it does not,marvelous.Well done mate. Me gob is watering,mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm rabbit.