Thread: Premier Reticles idea of Customer Service

submariner Guest

Premier Reticles idea of Customer Service

MAYBE I WAS TOO HASTY - SPOKE TO PREMIER TODAY - THEY SAID THEY WILL GET ON TO SORTING THINGS OUT AND THAT THEY ONLY WANTED TO REPAIR IT AS THEY KNEW BECAUSE IT WAS A MARK 4 & THE MILITARY HAD RECENTLY SWAMPED LEUPOLD WITH ORDERS THAT I MAY HAVE TO WAIT 3 MONTHS FOR A REPLACEMENT - AND THEY HAVE THE SKILLS TO CHANGE EVERY PART EVEN THE TUBE TO THE SAME STANDARD AS THE FACTORY -
    HOWEVER BEING CAUTIOUS ....THE JURY IS OUT TILL IT IS SORTED.

Ship one new Leupold to customer in the UK £854. It arrives a little crushed plus other scratches that look as though they were there before it was shipped - ascertained by examining the packageing.

Then when the customer asks for a replacement they say it can only be repaired if I'm lucky. 'We can only do what UPS pay for!!!!

Hmm anybody ever dealt with these people? - and had a problem - not interested in the easy stories of 'it all arrived perfect' etc. i 'd like to know how they handle problems.

I was selling my WTC and was worried it had a small mfg paint blemish. Christ that looks perfect in comparison to this tatty kit they sent me.

As youv'e gathered well p*ssed off.
    If they sort it I'll let you all know - but my gut reaction to the conversation is I've been stuffed for £860 plus I have to pay for ther return at a further $75.

My advice unless they send a replacement is DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE unless you can afford to throw away a grand £.
    Last edited by submariner; 26-05-2004 at 08:16 PM.

Zanx Guest
    That's a stack of £££

Hopefully you paid by Credit Card.

If so, no worries:

To be good, one must do good.

submariner Guest
    Yes I paid by Credit card but not for the VAT and handling charge at the point of delivery.
    But speaking to the disputes division of Amex - it doesn't sound that easy to get your money back

I'm in the middle of this process. Was sent something I didn't order (though what they sent is quite nice).

I've logged the dispute with Lloyds/TSB and already have not had to make the payment for the invoiced amount on my card. The VAT and Duty is another issue. Seems the Government (sorry) gives a refund on duty if there is "a case" for doing so. I haven't completed the de-VAT procedure for my company yet, so I have an escape route. However, Lloyds did intimate that 'loses' may be recoverable anyway.

I'm hopeing you'll find it doesn't matter what Amex believe, if you've bought something (on credit) using a card and you were not present, you have some level of protection. If Amex happens to be a 'charge-card' (I don't know) you've effectively made a cash sale. Even so, I'd be surprised (given the litigious nature of the culture) there would be some recourse with the supplier regarding suitability of packing etc. under their Contract Laws.

Do a bit of reading. Send them a recorded delivery letter intimating any compensation claim would include numerous visits by you to your American Lawyer. Suggest 'punitive' damages (since you have shown your resonsableness in trying to resolve this) might be high given the amount of time and trouble you have invested in resolving this simple issue. AFAIK, they can't be insured against 'punitive' damages (the ones the Courts award as the 'lesson'), so these should concern them more.

They'll have to pay for respresentation too. My thinking here is if they think you are serious in getting your way, thay might just take the product back rather than tie themselves up with costs.

Whatever you do, make sure you are polite, and clearly identify what YOUR need is to resolve the issue.

P.S.

Just re-read your post. Can't they get UPS to replace the scope under their insurance scheme anyway?

Last edited by Baldie; 25-05-2004 at 12:13 PM.
    To be good, one must do good.

FT Shooter Guest
    Don't mean to sound like a smart*ss but that sort of thing is always inherently a risk if you buy outwith the UK. If you buy from the British agents at least you have the protection of the appropriate consumer laws in this country which are pretty good.
    You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose.

Originally posted by FT Shooter

You pays your money and takes your chance I suppose.
    You pays "a lot less" money and takes your chance.

For the amount I saved it was worth the risk.

Dave.

FT Shooter Guest
    Originally posted by HotShot
    You pays "a lot less" money and takes your chance.

For the amount I saved it was worth the risk.

Dave.
    Its always worth the risk when it goes OK never when it doesn't it seems.

I talked to 4 people who had ordered from the company and got feedback on how the deal had gone and if they had come across any problems. I then entered into email communication with the company to make sure that they fully understood what I wanted.

They then delivered it.

Everything in life has a chance of problems - the money I saved would have allowed for the scope to go back and be fixed more than twice before I would have paid the same as in rip off Britain. That made the risk acceptable.

Dave.

submariner Guest
    Same here Hotshot - just I was the unlucky one. Well we have to see how they deal with it.

Just interested should one expect an £845 scope to me immaculate, no scuffs or chips/scratches and the box not crushed? Or am I too fussy?

You should expect it to be new with no marks at all.

They seemed fine when I dealt with them - always there to give information and to re-assure me that things where running smoothly (that helps when you are spending close to £700).

That can be the case though - people are ok until something goes wrong I would think it must be in their interest to sort this out though. The bad publicity can't do them any good.

I would have thought twice if I had seen your post before ordering my scope.

Dave.