Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Brilliant little scope with bright crisp optics. Love the way it looks on my ultra, cant beat this combo a real nice compact hunting setup

I use mine for rats, squidges and woodies because most of that type of shooting for me is pretty close range and a higher mag would be pointless. With the whitetail's wide field of view it makes target aquisition a hell of alot easier too.

I do however swap scopes when Im after rabbits, prefering higher mag and mildots for those long range headshots but saying that, if a bunny hopped into my sights at around 30 yds or less I would have no hesitation planting a lead present in its bonce while using the whitetail

Real shame simmons have stopped making em now... gits. Its a sweet compact cracking little scope, well worth the money imo.
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

forgot to add: I can also see my silencer when the scope is set to lower mag. Anything below x3 and my ret looks like the view from a first person shooter
    It doesnt interfere at all with your overall view.... I quite like it lol
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

It is a great little scope and to be honest I'll probably regret selling mine.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

I have one mounted on my .444marilin and use it with full power home loads and it just keeps working.
    Great scope for the money.
    Bob.