Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Right that's it, I've heard enough...I getting one. Had my eye on one for too long. Best little scope I had was early 80s Tasco 2.5-32WA. Streuth that thing was soo clear. Everything you say reminds me of it.

Quote Originally Posted by christy View Post
    Right that's it, I've heard enough...I getting one. Had my eye on one for too long. Best little scope I had was early 80s Tasco 2.5-32WA. Streuth that thing was soo clear. Everything you say reminds me of it.
    Christy,i had my 1.5x5-20 back yesterday and its the second one that i`ve bought now.THey really are a brilliant scope-you wont be disappointed!

have to agree totaly# gents. it is a great little bit of kit, mine sits on my fwb127 sport mark2 and it totaly changed my view on scopes, allways thought you needed great big lenses for low light. Not any more, if you dont have one then get one , and you wont regret it.

best ratting scope for price there is
    cozzy

best close range scope ever
    The best things come to those who wait !

paddy11 Guest

WTC 1.5 5 20

thinking about one of these for ratting but heard a couple of people havin trouble with the barrel or silencer getting in the way of the sight pic with them been so short .have eney of you had this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by paddy11 View Post
    thinking about one of these for ratting but heard a couple of people havin trouble with the barrel or silencer getting in the way of the sight pic with them been so short .have eney of you had this problem.
    I can see the foresight/barrel of my HW77 when the scopes on minimum mag. It was distracting at first but I got used to it very quickly - I actually like it now as bu making sure the foresight is in line with the vertical crosshair I can be sure I am looking down the centre of the scope and avoid parallax error. After doing this for a while I found that I started mounting the rifle much more consistantly (still a cr@p shot though).

ATB,
    Craig

Brilliant little scope with bright crisp optics. Love the way it looks on my ultra, cant beat this combo a real nice compact hunting setup

I use mine for rats, squidges and woodies because most of that type of shooting for me is pretty close range and a higher mag would be pointless. With the whitetail's wide field of view it makes target aquisition a hell of alot easier too.

I do however swap scopes when Im after rabbits, prefering higher mag and mildots for those long range headshots but saying that, if a bunny hopped into my sights at around 30 yds or less I would have no hesitation planting a lead present in its bonce while using the whitetail

Real shame simmons have stopped making em now... gits. Its a sweet compact cracking little scope, well worth the money imo.
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

forgot to add: I can also see my silencer when the scope is set to lower mag. Anything below x3 and my ret looks like the view from a first person shooter
    It doesnt interfere at all with your overall view.... I quite like it lol
    Some kind of high powered mutant prototype never considered for mass production
    Good deals: clicky.....

It is a great little scope and to be honest I'll probably regret selling mine.
    B.A.S.C | HW100Tuning KT250bar+reg+tune .177+4-16x50 | HW95.177 +4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune | TX200HC.22 + 4-16x44 | HW97KT.22 + 4-16x44 + Paul Short Stage 4 & Trigger Tune

wtc

these scopes are brill when combined with add on night vision ie cobra merlin etc,focus from your toes to infinty no side parralex needed.wouldnt be without mine,robo.

Whitetail Myth.

I had one of these scopes they really are a peach! I only had one issue..it did not go up to six mag, very very clear light weight, I have a review of this 'Whitetail' range, the guy puts it in the freezer and straps it to his sky aerial for a few days and it worked perfectly!(Airgun World Aug 94) Why does everyone bang on about the one they sell is the 'Philippines' made version ie real they were all made in the Philippines....I have never ever seen a copy/fake, has anyone???

Quote Originally Posted by gduk1 View Post
    I had one of these scopes they really are a peach! I only had one issue..it did not go up to six mag, very very clear light weight, I have a review of this 'Whitetail' range, the guy puts it in the freezer and straps it to his sky aerial for a few days and it worked perfectly!(Airgun World Aug 94) Why does everyone bang on about the one they sell is the 'Philippines' made version ie real they were all made in the Philippines....I have never ever seen a copy/fake, has anyone???
    Yeh, there were plenty of fakes about in the nineties, but they do say that is the best form of flattery these really are a good scope though, I had one on a r7 which I kept on the top shelf on my van, the strap broke and the rifle done a 5' swan dive which bent the objective metal when I tested for zero it took two clicks of elevation to rectify testament to the proper whitetail and also theobens.
    Ps, if I saw one up for 35 quid nowadays the fella would loose an arm

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

I have one

Got mine on my .22lr smith and wesson MP15 22. Looks great and very clear
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

I've had several of these great little scopes and let them all go to try something with more mag and every time I've regretted it!
    I've just put a wanted add in for another one - and this time I WILL keep it!