Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Springers are actually far more likely to break a scope than any CF rifle, the reason is that a CF rifle has a "one way" recoil, whereas a springer has a "recoil" that moves both back and forwards, also vibration can kill a lesser scope

The Eliminator mounts run on rubber cored "Dampa mount" system, so does the Dual Magnum which although still "recoils" the rubber takes away vibration, if the BSA Supersport was "piston slamming" (which is quite likely as they dont have the best of piston seals) then it isnt surprising it was a scope eater, notice the same action but on the Lightning series has a scope rail that sits on a bed of rubber, which solves the problem

I have a WTC model like the one mentioned on a HW80 running at 20ftlb, been on it for years, it has smooth firing cycle so no problem

A lot of scope makers test models on Magnum springers, to declare them as Springer rated
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/

Thumbs up Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20

Re: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

Great little scope's I have just recently took of my 6.5-20 EFR and sold it because I was so impressed with this scope. I mounted the above scope just to try and feel if it gave me a better balance and also to reduce weight and magnification, for the purpose of shooting 25m sporting-rifle comp's at my local club.

And this scope on 2mag it just the ticket nice and clear with basic duplex ret, is all I need and the results on paper are pretty good to. WTC 1.5-5x20 is a lovely little scope.

Regards

Friday
    Last edited by Friday; 26-07-2009 at 03:35 PM. Reason: couple of added bit's
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Anyone want one for £60 then
    Baz

http://www.wildcatrifles.co.uk/