Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Simmons Whitetail Classic 1.5-5x20

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    I'm thinking about using one on a Theoben Evolution Carbine to compliment the size and weight of the rifle but despite reading all the positive reports I find it hard to believe that it has enough magnification

Is it really enough to shoot at a range of 30 - 35 yards?

Quote Originally Posted by WINK View Post
    if u think the whitetail's good try a aetec much better optically+build quality one's made in the phillipines are the best
    They are certainly better optically as they were the top of the Simmons range before the recent range of junk was introduced that is. The problem with the WTC and Aetec ranges is that they don't offer mildot reticles which a lot of us want. Where mildots are not wanted then the 3.8-12x44 Aetec is possibly the best scope around and will give Leupolds a run for a lot less money.
    However bear in mind that this thread was specifically looking at the compact 1.5-5x20 WTC which is fantastic BUT only has a maximum mag of 5. If that is OK for you then the scope is an absolute marvel.
    For those wanting mildot and compact dimensions, I say again, look at the Bushnell Elite 2-7x32.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

In the States these scopes are used on semi-autos shooting 3" magnum cartridges with a reticle called turkey plex, self explanatory as to their intended use. The turkey plex ret is a small diamond iirc.
    My 45-70gov recoils a bit and hasn't managed to smash the reticle.
    I think Uttings still have some of these brand new for around £90+.
    Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by menial 1 View Post
    In the States these scopes are used on semi-autos shooting 3" magnum cartridges with a reticle called turkey plex, self explanatory as to their intended use. The turkey plex ret is a small diamond iirc.
    My 45-70gov recoils a bit and hasn't managed to smash the reticle.
    I think Uttings still have some of these brand new for around £90+.
    Pete.
    I think Simmons called this the 'diamond mag' reticle in the UK. Really good for fast target acquisition BUT the diamond gets bigger as you increase the mag so
    not to everyone's taste.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    the diamond gets bigger as you increase the mag so not to everyone's taste.
    Deffo a winner with the girls in Essex though.

WTC 1.5-5x20

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post
    I'm thinking about using one on a Theoben Evolution Carbine to compliment the size and weight of the rifle but despite reading all the positive reports I find it hard to believe that it has enough magnification

YES!Got mine on my Rapid 17-Brilliant Scope!!!!!!
    Daystate Renegade .177,Daystate Forester LE .22,Daystate Huntsman Classic .177,Daystate Huntsman Regal .177,Daystate Bullpup 2000 .177,Weihrauch HW45 Custom .22,Weihrauch Silverstar .22,Weihrauch HW77K SE .22,Weihrauch HW35E .22.

Quote Originally Posted by chris u'5 View Post

Funnily enough I used my first one on an Evo Carbine (Fenman in those days). It was very clear with fantastic target acquisition and superb image quality. The top mag of 5 may not be enough but there again 35 yards isn't a long distance in shooting terms. Depends on your eyesight really.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 23-12-2009 at 08:22 AM.

Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20

Got two of these great little scope one on me HW100 and the other on my Ruger10/22. X5 mag is all I need for bunny bashing up to 75 yards.

Haven't seen any of the new "made in china" versions, have heard they are not so good. Do they still make these scopes?

Regards
    Glynn
    MyRifles -Steyr LG110 .177cal - Sightron SIII 10-50x60-

Quote Originally Posted by Friday View Post
    Got two of these great little scope one on me HW100 and the other on my Ruger10/22. X5 mag is all I need for bunny bashing up to 75 yards.

Haven't seen any of the new "made in china" versions, have heard they are not so good. Do they still make these scopes?

Regards
    Glynn
    Not sure if they do or not but all my comments and I suspect those of others on this thread, refer to the 'discontinued but still available' version.

chris u'5 is offline I'm a dumbass, it's official!!
    Well that settles it! I'm gonna get one

Thank you fellas.

Been offerd a 1.5-5x20 WTC but it has one coin slot adjustment (windage) and one finger friendly adjustment (elevation).
    Is it an early one , does it sound right ?
    Last edited by rapidboy1; 14-08-2010 at 11:27 AM.

So are these litle beauty's spring gun rated then????????

Id like to get my one on a .25 BSA lightning, but dont wont to kill it.
    Dan grades do it best !!!

I've just revisited this thread as it was linked to another asking about the Simmons WTC 1.5-5x20.
    In THIS thread I have raved about the Bushnell Elite 2-7x32 mildot. I'm sorry about this -it IS a lovely scope with usefully more mag than the Simmons but sadly the ret isn't mildot. The reticle is described on the Bushnell website as a 'multi x'. Sorry for any confusion.

another thumbs up for the little WTC, got mine on my Sig 522 and just brilliant out at night using a lamp, who would think with a tiny 20mm front lens the image would be so bright and clear. shame they stopped making them in the Philippines and moved production to China ( I think) where the quality is said to be not so good.
    And then an ice hockey game broke out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0woZ...layer_embedded
    son got MOM in world championships: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoCcYwNJxv4

I've got a Philippines one up for grabs in excellent condition, with finger adjustable turrets (mk2, mk1 was coin adjusted)if anyone is after one pm me.

Atb.

Danny.
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15-22/BRNO Model 2/Remington 597/Buckmark/Marlin.44