Just phoned up Webley after some spare parts- a set of stock screws for my Stingray, and maybe a carbine barrel. Firstly, the b1tch at the other end was surely the most unhelpful, patronising cow who has ever lived. Wouldnt let me speak to the engineer, who I've heard would do a good price. Then she told me that a barrel would be £76! Pull the other one.

Fair enough, the barrel 'might' be worth that (once they've charged their premium to a loyal customer of their products). But I was pretty much choking when she quoted me £8.99 for four screws (plus postage, so OK-ish, if you accept you're going to be ripped off), THEN told me she wouldn't accept a credit card for under £10. That is ridiculous, at work our minimum charge is £5.

Now what really gets me is how bl00dy awful their service is comparared to their main rival, BSA. When I phoned up BSA for some spare parts, the lady at the other end was actually friendly towards me, and said she'd get them in the post right away! No charge (though I was quoted a sensible amount for some screws with BSA)

Webley, your service stinks. Sort it out.

Anyone found a supplier of the screws for a Stingray? And don't say Chambers...