Thread: Classic FT Scope

Classic FT Scope

Hi all,

I have an 14 year old Huntsman MK1 FTR which still has its original FTR stock.

I am currently using a Tasco 8-40 X 56 Scope (not Custom Shop) and to be quite frank it looks ungainly and ridiculous on it due to its size (I like things to 'look right').

So now I am curious, 12-14 years ago what would have been a typical scope for this kind of gun to sport for FT use?

Cheers in advance.
    I play a Fender bass, I shoot a springer. I like things to be, well, dependable

a tasco 6-24x40TR with a nice gloss finish would look the biz without sacrificing too much mag, not sure if this would be period though.

Martin

PS id love a pic of your huntsman,

Yep a Tasco 6-24 would be period, (got one sat on an SM100 but not TR).
    I'm telling you it moved!

Harry if you want to sell the Tasco, one of our club members could be interested.

Rich

richclark24@hotmail.com

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    "Dave." was selling a TR scope on here the other day - worth a search / email
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thanks guys for the quick responses.

Martin, I will send a pic of the gun once I have finished refinishing the stock (a few more coats of Danish Oil and she will be finished).

The gun is Serial No. HS0121 and was one of the Daystate Grand Prix Guns, it has been fettled by Dave Welham I believe and is in great nick. At the moment it is wearing a Custom Gary Cane Zebrano Target stock that I am not overly struck on but it is a nice bit of wood. It was a LH stock but Keef reworked it to a RH for me.

To be honest I have yet to 'learn' the gun but am looking forward to it.

I would consider selling the 8-40 X 56 once I have sourced a suitable scope for the Huntsman, or PX with suitable cash adjustment. The scope is in excellent nick, not totally mint but nothing that would start to annoy you after a while (thats the way I normally find these things happen - you think a small mark isnt a problem but then over time it becomes a real PITA). The Tasco has 2 Sun Shades, and depending upon what scope I replace it with would come with 30mm Sportsmatch mounts and Riser blocks care of Keef (if it needs them).

Harry.

does it look something like this Harry ?

Fantastic stock if it does.

Martin

Yep, thats the one. I had been told that they fit all Daystates, guess I know its true now

That means my Gary Cane Stock will fit other guns, hmmmmmmm, wonder what people would be prepared to pay for it.... especially now its a pukka RH stock with Wegu butt, hamster rail, adjustable cheekpiece etc.

yes the pre X harrier anf huntsman share the same stock fitting, so lots of daystates will fit it, bar the LR90 and mirage's.

I paid just about £100 for the FTR stock, and i love it.

There are a LOT of daystate in those awful ambi stocks, im sure you would have no problem selling it.

Mart