Thread: Any one have a Falcon FN6-WGR??

Any one have a Falcon FN6-WGR??

I'm just about to order one and would like to here from any that has experience with them. I just want to use it for fun, plinking, and any buffalo that get in the way!.
    Thanks Steve.

Snapshot. Guest
    I've got the basic FN6-PG and will treat it to the decent grip soon because it deserves it. Although the Raptor option is tempting I think it put the sight line of any scope you use too high above the barrel and I prefer the single-shot version. Other than that, go for it.

Jonathan

The Birdman Guest
    Are we talking about the Pistols ? I've always fancied one but never read any reviews of it so didn't part with the cash.

Snapshot. Guest
    If you can make your way to the Lea Valley club on Saturday 5th June you'll find two of us wielding them in the club hunter pistol competition and I'm sure there'll be time for you to try them out.

Jonathan

Yep Birdman just thinking the same as per the post thanks and Snapsort I will be in France thanks any way but y not tell us all the good stuf??
    Steve

Snapshot. Guest
    I was really thinking more of Birdman than you as he's probably not too far from Hertford to get there. There's not much to say about Falcon pistols. They're ugly, they're very accurate, the 8" version is very nose heavy especially with a quickfill and silencer, the open sights are nastier than a very nasty thing so fit a red dot or pistol scope instead, they're very accurate. Mine's put a few pistol HFT trophies on the shelf so I'm happy with it and it looks like this.

Jonathan

The Birdman Guest
    Snapshot, Thats lovely,There not ugly, The only thing that has put me of getting one is you have to have a 232 bar bottle ? and Mine is a 7ltr 300 bar. So there's the cost of the bottle as well. I'll mail you shortly and let you know if I can make 5th June. Thanks for the invite.

Originally posted by The Birdman
    Snapshot, Thats lovely,There not ugly, The only thing that has put me of getting one is you have to have a 232 bar bottle ? and Mine is a 7ltr 300 bar. So there's the cost of the bottle as well. I'll mail you shortly and let you know if I can make 5th June. Thanks for the invite.
    Are you saying you have a 300 bar bottle? There is no problem, a Falcon can be filled form any charging bottle, especially a 300bar one. Nice pistols, used to have a FN6-PG, but sold it

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by The Birdman
    I only have 300 bar bottles for all my PCPs. What makes you think a 232 bar bottle is necessary?

Jonathan

Darren Petts Guest
    I had one. The opens were crap with huge slop in them. You need to budget for a red dot or scope. The power curve is a cliff. Do a full chrono run and plot the curve and stick religiously to the fill pressure indicated as best and number of shots availiable. Never really liked mine and didn't keep it long.

The Birdman Guest
    Certain shop in Norwich told me only use 232 bar

Snapshot. Guest
    Time to find yourself a competent shop perhaps. The only reason I can think of for saying that is that the air cylinder is very small and they may think it's too easy to overfill it with a 300 bar bottle but it's no problem unless you're really ham-fisted with the on-off valve.

Jonathan