Thread: bsa super10 mk3

bsa super10 mk3

went to the shop for a 410 came home with a super 10.
    i dont know a thing about them .
    any 1 got anything good or bad to say about them ?.
    guy said he would give me 7days to make my mind up if i dont like it
    so pardon the pun shot away guys as i carnt find a review on here about them.thx

I have a Mk3 S10 Bull Barrel in .22 which I love. It's extremely accurate and very well engineered, the only thing I would like to do to further imprve it will be to have it blueprinted by John Bowkett and while he does it, have the optional large bolt head fitted. From what I understand from this forum, this greatly improves this already excellent gun, providing more consistency, accuracy and shots per charge. From what I understand, he charges around £75.00 for the work and a further £15.00 for the oversize bolt, traded for the original item.

I seldom shoot over distances greater than 40 yards, and within this range it is deadly.

My personal choice of pellets is for this gun tends to be one of the JSB type pellets, AA, Daystates, JSB themselves, or my personal favourite, RWS superfields. after experimentation, mine is at it's most efficient using pellets with a larger head size, it's preffered diet being 5.52.

I hope this helps and that you enjoy your new purchase, I for one will always keep this rifle.

Regards

Paul M

I have an FAC S10 from ca 2006. I don't know whether it is a MK3 or MK2 or whatever.

It is extremely accurate. I am delighted with it. It feels better than the AA S410s I have handled.

In fact if I could replace my Webley Raider 10 with a BSA S10 legal limiter I would do so.

The only design drawback I find is the need to push the bolt back down to cock the trigger at the rear of its travel, which has caught me out on a couple of occasions. All a matter of technique I suppose. But the gun itself is very well made indeed.

I don't have a MKIII Superten, mine's a MKII with a recently bought MKIII walnut stock. It's a 12ft/lbs rifle in .22 calibre and it puts plenty of rabbits in my game bag.

Geoff.

johnny k is offline Models mankinis for Ann Summers.

Goos choice

I have had two of these. One standard barrel and one bull barrel carbine.
    Both both 0.177 ans both shot accurately and consistently.
    Good mag which indexes very well.
    Careful with the bottle when taking off the gun, READ the instruction!!
    Lovely gun, heavy(ish) but very useable.

You will not be disappointed with it....hopefully!!

regards John
    Chinese springer 0.22, HW100 .177. Selection of powder burners
    When there were extra pies to eat, I avoided them.

Hi,
    i have had many of these and currently have the bull barrell 177 and full lengh.
    down points,
    magazine can mess up and pop 2 pellets down the barrell if not cocked proply.
    the rear drop stroke of the bolt is a bit of a mess around but once use to it,its no problem "this is what makes you put 2 up the barrell"not cocking it right.

rear hammer spring guide needs replace ment with brass as the threads of the standard ones wear away easy.

un screwing buddy bottle,be aware to 1 full turn and fire 5 shots,then quarter turn and fire till empty or you will blow o rings.weight can also be a issue to but if your happy then thats all good

dont bother with blue print till you know the rifle needs a service as service price is about same as blue print, i dont see much difference with blue print,just 20 shots "ive had a few blue prints to"so talking from experience, if you was going fac blue print is a must purely for shot count.
    thats all the problems and every thing else is perfect, cant really judge the s410 as ive only used a s400.

s10 over s410 on a number of things,shot count,fac with more shots then s410 in 12ft or fac, both rifles are very accurate but the s10 does it for me.

i would say it would be better for you to try s410 but my opinion the s10 is superior.
    just my opinion as a s10 fan