Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids & Air Rifles

Thumbs down Kids & Air Rifles

Went out to the shed this lunch time & heard one of the kids next door say to his m8, " shoot that umbrella down there". As I look over the other neighbour's, I saw their garden brolly get shot. Then after another shot the lad says again to 2 girls that just arrive, "look at that hole I shot right through the gutter".
    What do I do? ring the Police that's what. I explain that I've just seen a neighbour's brolly being shot etc.."right Sir, we'll send someone round". 10 minutes later, and sure enough, 1 plod arrives in a panda. 5 minutes later he's off with no word to me or the other neighbour who's property was damaged, and empty handed.
    The kids doing the shooting are 16 as they are sitting final exams, and their parents are out. I'm pretty sure if it was me doing the shooting, I'd be in the cells right now.
    What do you all think?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

That stinks... Write to the Chief Constable!

jonathanjones Guest
    dont you think you maybe could have had a word with them(and their parents)first, calling the plod on over anxious teens is a sure way to become a target. I was i kid myself once(honest!) and my curiousity often got the better of me , but a word in my shell like and i wouldnt do it again. The police are waste of time they are only there to catch you speeding. Phoning plod on youngsters is something victor meldrew would do. Fair enough if after you told them/parents they still did it.

just my opinion

cheers
    jonathan

The problem with this is that it teaches kids no respect for the law and they do not have to deal with the consequences of their actions. I found this complete lack of respect for rules etc very disheartening as a teacher. But more so the fact that they knew they would get away with it.
    I know that its hardly the crime of the century, but it does not set the right example. They must be made to think that there is a good chance that they will get caught (anycrime)and that they will have to suffer the consequences. There is no need to go over board by the police, just a word to the Parents from them would be enough.
    Alex

Alex

draftsmann Guest
    Originally posted by jonathanjones
    Phoning plod on youngsters is something victor meldrew would do.
    Nope, sorry - i don't agree.

The "youngsters" in question were certainly above the age of criminal responsibility. Criminal damage is a serious matter, especially when it involves at least one firearms offence. Little arseholes like these kids are responsible for further restrictions on other, more responsible teenage shooters. I say make an example of them, hang them out to dry....

Adrian

Kev.G Guest
    Originally posted by draftsmann

The "youngsters" in question were certainly above the age of criminal responsibility. Criminal damage is a serious matter, especially when it involves at least one firearms offence. Little arseholes like these kids are responsible for further restrictions on other, more responsible teenage shooters. I say make an example of them, hang them out to dry....

Adrian
    you did the right thing m8,i would have done the same,its knobs like this that will eventually cost us the right to own guns.

kevG

SWAT Strachan is online now I am one with the Force, and the Force is with me...

Adrian
    Here here.
    ├●┤ «●» ├●┤

Ravenskull Guest

Adrian
    i totally agree.
    i was a kid once (am 21 now) and back then, i went to scouts, where i was taught how to use, and respect air rifles, as a dangerous piece of equipment if improperly used.
    i am now a scout leader, and because of whining parents, PC political ******s and ambulance chasing lawyers, we can no longer shout at, or discipline the kids under our care. thusly, they run amok and cause trouble, as the parents use us as childminders. we have no powers to stop/control the childeren we are responsible for,thanks to various government edicts, and so they leave a trail of wanton destruction. This makes me sick. i honestly think that setting the peelers on them is the best thing that could happen, cos with todays culture, it is the only way they will listen.

im 16 and i aint that stpid! they sound like they dont know much about airgunning so what you should do is scare the s**t out of 'em! the next time they are 'plinking' go over to the fence and say " be careful what you are doing because airgun missuse is a serious offence and if the police are called the Armed Response Unit will arrive within minutes"

Adrian
    very well said mate

'Best...post...evar!'

elmerfudd Guest
    They definately need to be stopped as soon as possible. Irresponsible shooters are our worst enemies. When a shooter destroys neighbors property or endangers their lives, they cause our neighbors to look on us all as irresponsible and dangerous.

Maybe you're able to shoot in your garden now and your neighbors don't mind, but if some jerk down the street starts shooting their gutters they'll suddenly feel threatened everytime they hear you shooting and may call the police on you.

At the bottom of my street, there's a small wood. A bloke on the opposite side to me was talking with his neighbour, when he noticed a lad with a rifle pointing it in his general direction. (4 hours after the first offense). He got straight on the phone as his little girl was playing in the street. Around came a WPC asking silly Q's, when I said the Police had been around earlier for a similar complaint, the WPC said to me "what happened?" I replied, "a PC turned up, had a chat with the offender, then left". "Don't get sarcastic with me" was her reply. Eh???
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

CalorGaz Guest
    Originally posted by albrown
    There is no need to go over board by the police, just a word to the Parents from them would be enough.

Alex

Most of the time the parents are just as bad, if not worse and don't give a toss.

I'm right behind what you did Dave and I would certainly complain about the police attitude to such a gun crime.

CG

If you had complained to the parents they would said it was the brollies and the gutters fault for being there.

hunter35 Guest
    so true telling the parents doesnt do anything most would just say oh they are only having a bit of fun no harm done well there would have been alot of harm done if sum1 was inline with the pellet after it had gone through the brolly i say call the police