Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bipod on underleavers

speedi Guest

bipod on underleavers

Question is the topic really. Anyone know of a bipod that works with underleavers? If such an item exits, i am thinking of getting one for my HW97K (mkII). I have an excellent position sniping at rabbits and the sandbag i use is not versatile enough.

Also is there an effect of accurracy with a springer on a bipod?(recoil shock etc).

Any help greatly appreciated.
    Speedi

the JSR pro bipod

clips on. i use draft excluder to protect my barrel/underlever

all metal, extendable legs
    used it on soft grass with my 97 i was achieving half inch groups (more than once!)

only 20 or so quid too

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)
    Bipods are no good on springers, as spring guns need to recoil naturally, sorry pal, even if one fitted your groups would be poor.

Pete

well mine were ok.

was on soft ground tho, very dense grass

RochdaleLad Guest
    You can use a 'pod on a springer, but only to keep your aim steady - don't rest the full weight of the rifle on the bipod.

RochdaleLad has got it in one. Use the biopd just to steady your aim, take all the weight of the rifle youself and don't let it rest on the bipod more than is neccesary.

I reccomend the little SMK plastic jobby-light, easy to clip on and off and won't scratch your barrel.

Dont bother springers are designed to be used freehand NOT off bypods

The thing with springers is consistency. However you use it, it must be used exactly the same way each shot. I've had some great results using any of mine off a padded rest. Its hard surface resting, i.e. on top of a wall, that makes for problems.

Main trouble is, if you zero it on a bipod and it workds OK for you, your zero will almost certainly be off when you shhot in another position.

speedi Guest
    Excellent info. I thought there might be some problems with recoil and accuracy using a bipod, but i might look out the JSR bipod that gaz gun man uses, esp as its only 20 quid. For that money its not going to break the bank!

I would be using it on soft ground, but i will take into account the zero change. Sniping is about 25% of my shoot, otherwise its the usual stalking stylee!

cheers folks.

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Hi,

Yes, it is true that putting a bipod on a springer is not a good idea. You wont get good accuracy this way.

I would recommend a soft shooting platform instead of the bipod option. Iron Brigade Armory sells a Sniper Shooting Platform to $85. It may sounds expensive but it is a good rest - I have one and like mine very much. Maybe not as stable (depends on what you fill the bag with) as a bipod but for a springer a very good choice !

Rgds,
    Thunderbolt A-10

The metal JSR bipod works perfectly on my tuned HW97K. Wrap the clamp with tape to avoid scuffs.

The accuracy is unbelieveable, we are talking ragged hole groups at whatever range you shoot and I don't have to re-zero at all, I think the weight of the rifle and the fact that its tuned means that recoil does not affect the aim more than a gnats c0ck.

Buy one you won't be disappointed.

R30Jeff is offline Not Smarter Than The Average Bear
    Blimey for £20 I might give one a go on my TX.

If it dosen't suit / work it can go on what have you got to loose?

woody-som Guest
    i've used the JSR Pro bipod on my HW97K for many months. Never had any trouble with it for accuracy. I can shoot 1" groups at 35meters with it. How more accurate do you want? I guess it may depend on where you actually place the bipod. I place mine close to the stock, rather than at then end of the barrel, as shown in some pictures.

I would advise some form of tape though around the under leaver.

grouping

Ive had no trouble with grouping on a bipod.. Cheaper the better £2 off ramsbottom.

Of course if one travels faster than 30 miles per hour one will suffocate, its to do with the atmosphere - one wouldnt understand!

GN

Zatnikatel is offline He's coming in. I feel safer already
    Holy thread revival Batman