Thread: any experience with these rifles?

any experience with these rifles?

Hi,

I am new to this forum, having just started to take airgunning seriously over the last couple of months. As a result, I am in the market for a new air rifle, more precisely, my first PCP. I would like to know if anyone has any experience with the following rifles?

Air Arms S400 or s410
    Falcon lighthunter
    Falcon Prairie PF25 MP or similar.

I will not by one without trying them (all, if possible) first, but I think that these broadly fit what I am looking for in terms of quality, precision and value. I expect that they all shoot well beyond my capabilities, anyway!

Also, if anyone has any more suggestions regarding rifles broadly similar to these in terms of quality and budget, I would appreciate them!

Once I have the model of rifle sorted, then it's just the hard bits; the calibre and optics!

Thanks in advance!

I suppose they broadly occupy the same category but it suggest it would be more convenient to have the multishot versions. Other than that, budget, preference, etc. The AA guns are somewhat more ubiquitous with the benefits that entails.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

deano is offline Crack!.......Wheeee........Thup
    the s400 and s420 are held in very high regard, they are a fantastic rifle, well build, accurate and also very efficient with their air reserves, not too mention very nice looking rifles.

the falcon range is nice, i've had a couple, but found the shot count to be a little lacking, and my lighthunter had a few niggles with the cocking action.

if it were my money i would buy the S410, also consider the BSA S10 MkIII, i had one of these, and it was a fantastic bit of kit, i only sold it to fund one of my FAC rifles (wish i had never sold it!)

My lad has a s400 great gun would not say no to one.

another vote for the 400/410
    S400 Carbine

Yup the 410 all the way, I can't fault mine.

all the best

mal
    Did you know that Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes.

Did you know that a Boeing 747s wingspan is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.

400/410 !! gets a vote from me !
    There are 10 types of people that use binary code there are those that understand it and those that dont!

My eldest son bought aa400, great, his only regret,,,it wasn't 410 and walnut...the whole family loved it

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. The S400/410 seems to be very popular.

I'll still need to give them all a go, but I am leaning towards the 400/410, almost nobody has a bad word to say about them!