Thread: Forming a Club.

Saddle Tramp Guest

Thumbs up Forming a Club.

We've been talking with our local District Council, Easington, looking for some land to rent and use for shooting.

One tickle so far, an industrial site, over by Horden, County Durham. Nice view of the north sea and its a wee bit breezy.

We thanked them, but said it would probably NOT receive Police approval, that close to other Industrial buildings.

Could they therefor locate some open field's or woodland & open fields. No intention of constructing buildings, just some toilet facillities.

Anyone interested in joining up and seeing WHAT we can do:- (a) On this site or (b) another one, should the Council come up with a more RURAL location.

Saddle Tramp & Flintlok.

PS. e-mails to me please as Flintlok's not logged into a new ISP as yet. Thanks!

roblade is offline Time for a coffee........;-)
    YHM

all the best with the club its hard work but well worth it i was lucky i took over the club as "a going concern" still dont get much shooting done though LOL always too busy making teas and coffees LOL

good luck

ROB
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) the bunnies are coming!
    (")_(") THE BUNNIES ARE COMING!!!!!

to spring? or not to spring? that is the question. oh sod it get them both!!!!

It is a good idea to have the local and the firearms police informed about what you are doing. However the police have no mandate to approve any club or range used for sub 12fp air rifles and therefore not only no authority to disapprove what you are doing, but also no money to come out and look, or provide you with advice.

You do want them on your side, but just bear in mind that you need to treat them as a partner in this respect, no more no less.

Naturally the situation is quite different if you are using FAC rifles and you will probably need Home Office approval.

rgds

Rich

PS creating a club is a long process but very satisfying. I spent most of last year doing it.

Sid Guest
    Jest ride up to the Sherriff's place and say " Me and some of my pardners are figuring to shoot round these here parts, kin you git us a place for to put our bottles on a picket fence so we kin shoot 'em off ? "

He'll probably deputise you and your mate and give you a pair of ten gallon hats

PS - Get him to throw a silver dollar in the air and then plug it through the middle with your .20 Career - worked for Jimmy Stewart in '1873 Winchester'

Better abide by them thar range rules boy

Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

LMFAO, you 2 (Sid & Craig) should do a comedy series.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

This should see the light of day one more time
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Sid
    Jest ride up to the Sherriff's place and say " Me and some of my pardners are figuring to shoot round these here parts, kin you git us a place for to put our bottles on a picket fence so we kin shoot 'em off ? "

He'll probably deputise you and your mate and give you a pair of ten gallon hats

PS - Get him to throw a silver dollar in the air and then plug it through the middle with your .20 Career - worked for Jimmy Stewart in '1873 Winchester'

Kin ah shoot 'im Pa?

draftsmann Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew006
    Any more room in your club for another Chelsea pensioner, I'm a cripple and 102 years old........could you cater for me? Please???? Come on pardner
    You're not dead enough Andy; and not (quite) daft enough - besides your name isn't John

Adrian

Sid Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddle Tramp
    PS. e-mails to me please as Flintlok's not logged into a new ISP as yet. Thanks!
    I thought Flintlok was meant to be logged into intensive care, paralysed from the eyebrows down ?

Still funny
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.