Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MFR Are they Accurate at 50yds

A 410 is just as accurate if not more so than MFR (not knocking theobens ive aMK2)but 410 is not so pellet fussy.weve put them through with squashed up skirts and still fly great.Come up&see pak san lee@26th middlesex rifle range he tunes he gets 100 good shots in classic 177.we have to guys got them near enough 1hole groups@50+ yards.

Well i have a Mk1 Rapid in .177 and i have no accuracy problems, although IMO the AAs400/410 in .177 will better the Rapid but only by a few millimeters.

The Birdman Guest
    So looks like i would be mad P/X my S410 ?

zooankski Guest
    I HAVE BOTH RIFLES AND I THINK THE MFR IS THE BETTER-LOOKS GOOD,MORE ACCURATE THAN I AM (SO IS TH S410) BUT THE QUALITY IS OUT OF THIS WORLD ON THE THEOBEN WITH DEEP BLUEING UNLIKE THE S410 AND IT IS SO WELL BALANCED.
    IF I HAD BEEN IN YOUR SITUATION AND HAD SOME SPARE CASH THEN I WOULD HAVE GONE FOR THE MFR BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION.I ALSO GET BETTER GROUPING WITH THE MFR FREE HAND THAN THE S410 DUE TO THE BALANCE ISSUE I GUESS BUT AMAZING GROUPS WITH THE S410 AND BIPOD

The Birdman Guest
    Zooanski, Thanks for your help. I noticed you have a .20. I've never really dealt with a .20 before. I'm purely a target man and like the .177 for the trajectory but love the .22 for the extra "Impact" you get. Whats .20 like ? is it completley between the 2 i.e do you get the accuracy and still the impact ? or is it not that straightforward ?

zooankski Guest
    TO BE HONEST I AM STILL LEARNING TO SHOOT IT!-THE S410 IS .22 AND I HAVE HAD .22'S FOR MOST OF MY SHOOTING LIFE SO PRETTY MUCH KNOW HOW FAR TO HOLD UNDER/OVER WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT TOO MUCH.
    I HAD A .177 HORNET AND HARRIER EARLIER IN THE YEAR AND USED THEM FOR HUNTING BUT I DID NOTICE SOME CASES OF OVER PENETRATION AND HAD A SIMILAR PROBLEM JUDGING HOLD OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD.
    THE .20 DOES SEEM TO BE AN IDEAL COMBINATION THOUGH-I HAVE HAD SOME SUPER SHOTS WITH IT AT DISTANCES OUT TO ABOUT 45 YRDS WITH THE PELLET GOING JUST WHERE I WANT IT-MY ONLY PROBLEM SEEMS TO BE WHEN I AM SHOOTING IT AT 10-20 YARDS WHEN I HOLD UNDER INSTINCTIVELY AND NORMALLY MISS.
    I TRIED A GOOD TARGET SHOOT LAST WEEK WITH TARGETS OUT TO 15 AND 30 YRDS.THIS IS THE BIT THAT I HAVE TO UNDERSTAND-AT BOTH DISTANCES I WAS KNOCKING THE BULL OUT OF THE PAPER WITH A 12 ROUND MAG WITH NO HOLD AT ALL.SO I TRIED AT 45 YRDS AND FOUND I THEN HAD TO HOLD WHICH PROVED TO ME THAT THE DROP OFF POINT WAS A LOT FURTHER THAN I EXPECTED.VERY PLEASED WITH THE RESULTS SO FAR AND USING H & N FIELD SEEMS TO GIVE ME THE BEST RESULT SO FAR FOR TARGET SHOOTING BUT FOR SHEAR STOPPING POWER I HAVE BEEN USING .20 BEN TAYLOR ELIMINATORS TO FANTASTIC EFFECT!ALTHOUGH THEY DO SEEM TO MAKE A MESS IF YOU CATCH MY DRIFT!

Just a few days ago I've posted a few real world groupings of the MFR on our dutch/flemish airgun forum.

Below is a picture of 5 5-shot groups with JSB Exacts 4.52 at 48 m (about 53 yards). The complete target is 2 ", the inner target is 1 ". Average group size is 0.52 " ctc.

I was adjusting the scope from one target to another which explains why the groups are on slightly different places on the different targets.

I also tested the MFR at 25 m (27.5 yards) and got 0.18" as average group size ctc.

I have had a S400 and it had similar accuracy. I think most modern PCP's are capable of this kind of accuracy.

HTH,

Mario

Re: MFR Are they Accurate at 50yds

CLICK! , this takes you to page 8 of a thread of a dutch forum, second post shows a couple 12 Ft.LB .177 MFR groups on a testcard at almost 50 m (48.5m, well over 50 yards). A review of the rifle that shot these groups (in english ) Here, courtesy to Mario, user on this BBS too.

Erwin

Edit: Potdomme, is dat straf of wat??
    Last edited by Windrush; 26-05-2004 at 06:29 PM.

Re: Re: MFR Are they Accurate at 50yds

Originally posted by Windrush
    [URL=http://www.luchtbuks.net/index.php?showtopic=472&st=105#]...
    Edit: Potdomme, is dat straf of wat??
    Haha, ik heb het je weer gelapt .

Sorry guys. Most of the time I beat Erwin when replying to a topic on the dutch/flemish airgun forum. And it seems it's the same on this BBS LOL.

Cheers,

Mario

Looks like a Stealth is as good & £500 cheaper.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

The Birdman Guest

Wink

Ooer missus, I've started something here eh !

Originally posted by Davestate
    But this is not exactly a standard stealth a .22 28 Ft.Lb with quite some work on it. Also described at this Site

Erwin

Originally posted by Davestate

It's not really a standard Stealth Stealth modification . So the difference in price is not that big . But it's indeed very, very accurate albeit it's running at almost 30 fpe.

Mario

edit: potverdikke, nu was ik tweede .
    Last edited by Mario; 26-05-2004 at 06:50 PM.

In that case then, it's a bag of crap.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Terrific website you've got there Mario. Shame I can't seem to see the MFR review though.

Lionel