Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MFR Are they Accurate at 50yds

Originally posted by lionel
    Terrific website you've got there Mario. Shame I can't seem to see the MFR review though.

Lionel
    Thanks Lionel. I've updated my site this evening and it seems there are a few bugs left. The MFR review should be on-line now.

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario; 26-05-2004 at 07:58 PM.

My compliments Mario on a very well written and informative review of your MFR. I've made some similar findings with my .20 MFR. I don't bother with the single shot loader either, finding it easier to thumb a pellet straight into the breech (although I could do with one for my Rapid 17 Mk2, as I just can't get my fingers into that slot).

I have exactly the same scope on my MFR and feel it's too high. I need some 30mm mounts so I can try my Nikko 6x44 on it.

Unlike yours - my trigger was creepy. Ben Taylor has just adjusted it for me and it is now perfectly predictable, although - like yours - the pull is slightly heavier than I'm used to.

Accuracy has been good with H&n ftts but not exceptional, but the creepy trigger may have had something to do with that. I look forward to future tests.

My stock isn't just well-figured - it's breathtaking - the best I have ever seen on a Rapid.

Like you, I love owning and using this rifle

Lionel
    Last edited by lionel; 26-05-2004 at 09:57 PM.

Originally posted by lionel
    ...Unlike yours - my trigger was creepy. Ben Taylor has just adjusted it for me and it is now perfectly predictable, although - like yours - the pull is slightly heavier than I'm used to ...Lionel
    Since I couldn't find out exactly how to adjust the trigger, I asked Theoben for instructions and they sent me an instruction sheet on how to do it. The trigger is now perfect for my taste, light and crisp .

Cheers,

Mario
    Last edited by Mario; 27-05-2004 at 07:03 AM.

How embarrassing - you would have to quote the part of my post with a silly spelling mistake - I can't edit that out.

Lionel

lazapell2003 Guest
    come on guys be honest, you have paid well over the odds for a rifle and now you have found out its no better than average at best ?? and messing about with that rubbish trigger wont help neither, if you want a great pcp rifle go for either the air arms or the hw100, they will do the job just as well if not better and at half the cost,take it like a man , you have been ripped off , and you cant face the truth ?? you live and learn

Originally posted by lazapell2003
    come on guys be honest, you have paid well over the odds for a rifle and now you have found out its no better than average at best ?? and messing about with that rubbish trigger wont help neither, if you want a great pcp rifle go for either the air arms or the hw100, they will do the job just as well if not better and at half the cost,take it like a man , you have been ripped off , and you cant face the truth ?? you live and learn
    u're right mate!

im selling my mfr now for a meteor instead

The Birdman Guest
    Right Lazapel, HW100 ok if you have ear protectors and are blind (Because the thing is soooo ugly) and Gaz, How much for the MFR ?

Tigger C Guest
    Originally posted by lazapell2003
    LOL, I'm surprised it took this long. I'd rather shove wasps up my ar-e than own an HW100
    Regards
    Chris.

jonh Guest
    LOL, I'm surprised it took this long. I'd rather shove wasps up my ar-e than own an HW100

How do you feel about hornets then?

Sorry -bad pun - I'll get my coat

Tigger C Guest
    S'pose I asked for that really. I don't think I'd be keen, sting too much I expect mate.
    Rgds
    Chris.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    The HW100 may well be a good rifle, but it is undeniably plug-ugly!
    The 'Joseph Merrick' of all air rifles.

The Birdman Guest
    He can't be that educated to own a HW100, Joseph Merrick was otherwise know as "The Elephant Man" And he was quite a stunner compared to the HW100,Who if Joseph was alive today would have been described as "Joseph's Ugly sister"

Was it not John Merrick?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

The Birdman Guest

Wink

It was Joseph Carey merrick, Do you own a HW100 as well ?

The Birdman Guest

Wink

Actually "John" does ring a bell ? I think that's what he was called in the film, Perhaps know as as well ? Anyway "Airguns" ?