Thread: JSR Mini 6x32 \px

JSR Mini 6x32 \px

Decided to get my old Meteor out for a bit of shooting. I always used to use the excellent open sights but with scopes being a resonable price now I decided to fit one. I decided a small scope would suit the rifle better. Also had to bear in mind the short cylinder lenghth. I eventually decided on the JSR Mini which is about 8in or 215mm long.
    Lovely piece of gear. Well made, sturdy, good looking. Came complete with fip up lense covers. PX is short scale, but this is to be expected. Optics are very clear where it matters. The mil dots and cross hairs are rather thick compared to my Richter scope. Also the IR red and green are very bright. On anything other than the lowest brightness setting, they tend to blind the user, or at least wash over the target.
    The turrets are finger adjustable and accurate.
    Main down side is the eye relief which is quiet short. I have got it mounted fully back on the meteor and it is still too far away. I would say that it needs at least another inch before I can see the the whole picture. This means that I will have to buy extender mounts which will add another £23 to my costs.
    If it was'nt for this I would highly reccommend this scope for short to medium range use.

Garry is offline I scrolled the page up too fast and it fell off
    Quote Originally Posted by joncoop View Post
    Main down side is the eye relief which is quiet short. I have got it mounted fully back on the meteor and it is still too far away. I would say that it needs at least another inch before I can see the the whole picture.
    I've been considering one of these, so thanks for the review.
    Do you wear glasses to get a problem from the eye relief? Just wondering, as I wear glasses and am not sure what sort of scope would suit me.

Thanks
    Garry

Yep. I wear glasses for reading etc. Scope has a fully adjustable eyepiece focus, so its ok. Must admit though, when I use my Richter Optik 4x9x50 I have trouble focusing on the target allthough the mildots are very clear.
    I think I will look for a more expensive scope with better optics.

Cheers. Jon

Hi gents, i have one of these Jsr 6X32 on my tuned Rabbitstopper, and for the money cant really fault it, gun is used by my 10 year old boy at club and he seems to get on with it. I use it on occasions and find it very good for the money.

I recently bought a BSA Ligthning XL and it came as part of a deal fitted with a Hawke 3-12x42 Illuminated scope. The scope was hard to handle as I found you could get the reticule in focus or the target infocus but never the two at the same time. I noticed that despite the zoom lens on the Hawke I nearly always used it at 5x or 6x magnification anyway. (Plus it was huuuuuge!)

I saw a review of this JSR mini 6x32px scope in an airgun magazine and decided to give it a go.
    I bought the scope direct from JSR and delivery was very quick. However sticking it on my original mounts was no good.....The eye releif was completely different to the Hawke and I couldn't move the scope far enough back on the rail to get a good sight picture. So I scoured the pages of this forum and bought a set of SportsMatch 'reach forward' mounts (ET09).

A tip here for BSA XL owners. I had to remove the M5 cap head bolt that acts as a scope stop on the BSA scope rail then remove the spacer from underneath and replace the m5 bolt........(Useful tip: The supplied 12mm bolt will not screw down flush so I replaced mine with a M5x10mm). Now the scope mounts will move to the very back of the rail giving more generous amounts of adjustment for eye releif.

Right; having finally installed the scope it was a revelation. So much easier to use that the unwealdy Hawke. The adjustment at the front for distance is easy to handle and the small adjustment at the back for your individual eye characteristics just has to be adjusted once and can be left alone.
    Unlike the Hawke, the turrets for zero-ing are knurled knobs with no tools required to adjust them......simple.
    Zeroing was a breeze.

The milldot reticule is thicker than most, but this is not an issue. The illumination lacks a bit of finesses and although it's red or green lit, it does seem excessively bright, except at it's lowest setting. This is the only part of the scope that feels cheap, despite it's cheap price. (£40)

The focus of this scope goes all the way down to 3yards and up to infinity.

I would say that this is a really cool and practical solution, especially for hunting. All in all I'd give this an 8/10 for quality and 10/10 for value.
    Scope £38.95
    ET09 Mounts £23.95 (I got mine for £18)

Contents of the box: Scope, Sunshade, Pair of flip-up lens covers, instructions, Cleaning Cloth, 2 batteries.

Ouch!
    Last edited by Ouch!; 06-01-2009 at 04:39 PM.