Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

Quote Originally Posted by scimitar View Post
    This scope is the biggest pile of pooh i have ever bought . sold it straight away ??? HOLLY
    This is the first bad report I have heard on these scopes, I have 2 and love them, I know of other members of Anston that have them and they also own Leupold, Meopta and Burris scopes among others and they also love them, perhaps you just got a bad example?

Alan.

I have the 6500 "Tactical" member of the family and have found the scope to be an excellent performer. I must admit to not having heard about any problems with this scope model before coming accross this thread.

Well pleased with mine which is deffinetly a keeper.

Andy
    Member, the Feinwerkbau Sport appreciation Society (over 50's chapter)
    http://www.rivington-riflemen.eu/ Andy, from the North !

Quote Originally Posted by Amac View Post
    I have the 6500 "Tactical" member of the family and have found the scope to be an excellent performer. I must admit to not having heard about any problems with this scope model before coming accross this thread.

Well pleased with mine which is deffinetly a keeper.

Andy
    From what I have read elsewhere I think Holly had the 4.5 - 30 model which I have not seen or know of anyone that has tried one.

The 2.5-16 x 42 is a fantastic scope, I have 2 and a 4200 8-32 x 40 which is of the same high quality

Alan.

Longbenton North Tyneside. +Dinnington FTC.

Bushnell Elite 6500 4.5--30x50

I agree with Holly on this scope, I thought mine was very average, and sold it after about 3 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post
    From what I have read elsewhere I think Holly had the 4.5 - 30 model which I have not seen or know of anyone that has tried one.
    Tried two, albeit inside a very long shop with limited outdoor vision.
    The optics were quite average, although not far behind the budget Zeiss Duralyt range or whatever they are called. Build quality was fairly basic, the tactical style one was a bit better; I heard they had to skimp on build a little to make up for the optics cost, but don't hold me to that.

Nothing wrong with them. On the plus side they are extremely compact for the magnification, and I thought quite light. The optics are probably pretty good, given the length to magnification ratio, that is probably why you get such good optical quality from yours at 16X.

I bet the 4200 at such magnifications is better; they are a very long scope, right?
    It would be interesting to compare. FWIW, bought a Leupold 45X Comp instead eventually, very nice, couldn't afford to keep it sadly.

which is the best option for general use on a remy 223 a 2.5-16x50 or 4.5-30x50 i found them at app the same price but 30mag seems alot so what is the trade off ??

Hi guys thanks for this great thread, I've really learned something from this.

That said it seems that the best performing scope from the bunch is the 2.5-16x42 6500. I am going to purchase a 6500 but was wondering whther to go with the 2.5-16x42 or the 2.5-16x50.

Any recommendations for the x50? I am currently using the Bushnell Legend 5-15x42 and love it. I was wondering whether the upgrade to a 50mm objective lens would be worth it for dusk/dawn capabilities.

thanks
    Goat

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    The 50mm is just not worth the extra cash in my opinion, i have used both and i cannot tell the difference in low light.

Regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Quote Originally Posted by Coney View Post

The 2.5-16 x 42 is a fantastic scope, I have 2 and a 4200 8-32 x 40 which is of the same high quality

Alan.
    This is the scope i have on my remy 700 .223 and i absolutly love it. I use mine way up at 24x mag and it is crystal clear to any distance. mine is also the tactical version , cant find any thing to fault with this scope at all.

craig

2.5-16x42

Hi Guys,

Mite as well add my tuppence worth, i recently purchased one of these to go on my 222 and i am fairly impressed (i did get a good deal pricewise) I compared it between my mtv tapian and s&b 8x56. Put the three at 8 mag and as expected it is not as clear as the s&b but a lot better than MTC. When i put it up to 16 it was still very clear in average day light, better than the mtc.

However in low light situations at 8 mag its great but at 16 mag it seem very dull. I know this is common for the pic to get worse in fading light when you put up the mag but on a £600 scope i didnt think it would be so severe??

Cheers Rob
    Rapid 7 mk1 with pecar 6x42 22. Cz 455 varmint thumbhole laminate with 2.8-10x44 aetec 22. Tikka T3 hunter with t8 mod and S&B 8x56 222. Remington 700 VLS with T8 mod and swarovski 6-18x50 243