Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Bushnell Elite 6500 Review

My 2.5-16x42 is orsm

has anybody compared these side by side with some of the top end scopes such as schmidt and bender, swarovski, zeiss etc as its about half the price of these and all the great reviews its getting it almost seems to good to be true, is it really worth forking out double the money for better brand names?

Quote Originally Posted by ormondprop View Post
    has anybody compared these side by side with some of the top end scopes such as schmidt and bender, swarovski, zeiss etc as its about half the price of these and all the great reviews its getting it almost seems to good to be true, is it really worth forking out double the money for better brand names?
    I bought the 2.5x16x42 and used it, I then sold my MK4 Leup and bought another Bushnell These scopes are the dogs dangly bits if they suit your eyes
    "Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons"

i'm dyin to get the likes of a schmidt 4-16x50 or a zeiss 6-24x56 but the 4.5-30x50 seems to have everything they have, and more magnification so maybe they are not as clear but is it really worth double the price for this? they look great but i haven't looked through one yet, why do they not suit some peoples eye's? i'd love to here from somebody who has one and a schmidt or zeiss

ormondprop, i have done what you say
    bearing in mind that noone else is doing the mag range, so it is impossible to do the 6500 justice (yes i know swaro are now doing a 4-30 but it's £2000)
    I have compared my 2.5-16 and 4.5-30 with Swaro ph 4-16, 6-24. Also Weaver Grand Slams, Elite 4200, Nikon Monarch
    The 6500 are the equal of any of the top scopes mentioned such as the monarch/grand slam, which is amazing comsidering the mag range. They are not as sharp and bright as the swaros at the top end, not even close.
    If i had the money, i'd be buying the swaro z6i series, but at 4x the £ it is diminishing returns in a big way.
    6500 series the best performance for the money i've ever seen
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

thanks richness, i know the bushnell will do everything i'll want it to do brilliantly but i'm afraid i'll buy it and a couple of weeks later i'll use a zeiss, swaro or similar nd regret not saving up 4 longer for one, damn i wish i was rich, i better start doing the lotto, what would the next step up be from the bushnell? a nightforce 8-32 for features or a swaro pv 6-24 for glass quality? or what else should i shop around for
    Last edited by ormondprop; 23-07-2009 at 09:37 PM.

I know aht you mean and i'm the same but that hasn't happened to me with these scopes. The nearest competition is still at £2000 and that ain't close competition!
    Look out for the new Weaver SuperSlams coming out through - they'll be excellent i bet and 6500 kinda money
    Marksmanship = Accuracy, Consistency, Observation and a little of The Force
    SharpshootingUK www.sharpshootinguk.com

?

Can this scope be used or set up to use at ranges below the 25yard side focus?

Cheers. Paul

Bushnell has just introduced a 6500 range of 2.5-16/40mm/50mm scopes what will go down to 10 yards.

optically how does the bushnell compare with nightforce? or has anybody here ever compared them

Can't answer your question directly but this link, as posted before to a previous question of yours, may be of interest - http://www.airgunbbs.com/forums/show...+order+quality

Can you attach a close focus adapter to the 4.5-30x50 scope? If so, which one?

I want to get one of the 4.5-30x50 scopes, but I need it to focus down to 10 or so yards.

Anyone know if the parallax can be re-adjusted down to 10 yards?

Thanks

Robbie
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR

I just double checked this.
    If I turn the mag down to 4.5 X then I can actually focus mine down to 6 or 7 yards.

Ady is offline To thine own self be true
    I have just bought a Bushnell Elite 6500
    4.5-30x50

If anyone local to, or visiting near Stratford on Avon or Evesham area, is thinking of buying one but worried about the purchase.

You're welcome to look through mine, bring your currrent scope and compare.

I can put up printed targets with fine lined circles and you can see the clarity at distances.

Ady

Quote Originally Posted by Ady-uk View Post
    I have just bought a Bushnell Elite 6500
    4.5-30x50

If anyone local to, or visiting near Stratford on Avon or Evesham area, is thinking of buying one but worried about the purchase.

You're welcome to look through mine, bring your currrent scope and compare.

I can put up printed targets with fine lined circles and you can see the clarity at distances.

Ady
    Ady

What's the closest distance it will focus to, and at what magnification?

Thanks

Robbie
    Steyr LG110FT & March 8-80x56 IR