Thread: Cp99 Compact..

Cp99 Compact..

Hi Chaps, I was thinking of buying a cp99 compact for a spot of plinking and was wondering what they are like in comparison to the ppk. Love the ppk but the accuracy leaves something to be desired, not after a paper puncher, but the ability to hit a tin can would help

Cheers... Andrew

im selling a gamo pt80 if your intrested mate ive been killing cans at 20 yards

Cheers for the offer mate, really after the blowback model though, but thanks anyway

I have a CP99
    Lovely gun and not too bad for paper punching either
    Mine aint the blowback though, but still it dont fuss me none
    Took it to the indoor range at Hull last Thursday, had fantastic fun at 10 mtrs
    Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

I can recommend the cp99 compact, much more powerfull and accurate than the PPK. it has a two stage trigger the first stage loads a bb into barrel and the second fires the gas if you pull too slow though the bb just falls out the barrel..also it has more of a kick in the blowback dept.

Quote Originally Posted by vfrkid View Post
    it has a two stage trigger the first stage loads a bb into barrel and the second fires the gas; if you pull too slow though the bb just falls out the barrel...
    Very much like my Gamo P23 (sort of PPK look-alike). Take more than half a second and the bb hits your toes

Tony
    UBC Secretary & Web-Manager
    THL Marksman of the Year 2010
    (Airgun Section)

My girlfriends' CP99 is a decent pistol, but i've had some issues with the mag' jamming, or not rotating as smoothly as it should.

Only bought it second hand for £52 with a free tin of pellets from my local gun shop, knowing it was a little faulty. Had a play. Gave it a bit of TLC, but still the same problem.

Went back to the shop to try a new magazine & tried several, old & new, but still the same problem. The chap in the shop then got a new one out of a gun & it had different teeth than all of the other mag's we tried & it indeed was fine, except when you shoot very, very rapidly. I was perfectly willing to pay for the new mag' as I bought the pistiol knowing it was faulty, but Tristan at Field Accessories, Comberton Hill, Kidderminster wouldn't have anything for it. Great service & a good pistol, but it's not blow back & I think my Beretta PX4 is a better pistol & does indeed have blowback.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Quote Originally Posted by cinstone View Post
    My girlfriends' CP99 is a decent pistol, but i've had some issues with the mag' jamming, or not rotating as smoothly as it should.

Only bought it second hand for £52 with a free tin of pellets from my local gun shop, knowing it was a little faulty. Had a play. Gave it a bit of TLC, but still the same problem.

Went back to the shop to try a new magazine & tried several, old & new, but still the same problem. The chap in the shop then got a new one out of a gun & it had different teeth than all of the other mag's we tried & it indeed was fine, except when you shoot very, very rapidly. I was perfectly willing to pay for the new mag' as I bought the pistiol knowing it was faulty, but Tristan at Field Accessories, Comberton Hill, Kidderminster wouldn't have anything for it. Great service & a good pistol, but it's not blow back & I think my Beretta PX4 is a better pistol & does indeed have blowback.

Chris.
    We are talking about the "CP99 compact" not the CP99 its a blowback BB pistol with an 18 round mag.

Thanks for the info guys, off to BAR tomorrow with the old wallet

Quote Originally Posted by vfrkid View Post
    We are talking about the "CP99 compact" not the CP99 its a blowback BB pistol with an 18 round mag.

Oh right. Sorry.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.