Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is the 'official' view ?

Anyone who didn't have hypothermia after Bolton simply wasn't trying hard enough!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Anyone who didn't have hypothermia after Bolton simply wasn't trying hard enough!
    It was slightly warmer when you sunk into the peat bog.

Hell getting me out though!
    "Improvise, adapt and overcome."

I can count to potato.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    I am a prepared to stand corrected.

I took it from bfta Main shooting rules for 2006 (Amended for 2007, Vers.02) but maybe it's out of date or maybe I misunderstood what it said (It wouldn't be the first time and it certainly won't be the last).

So can I still take 20minutes to walk between lanes to let the rain stop?
    No, your right. In BFTA it starts from the eye to the scope. In the Worlds it starts from 'addressing the lane', although not having shot them I am not sure what that exactly means.

If your slow between lanes, all you have to endure is the banter from those following you. 20 Mins of Stuart Hancox's donkey will get you moving

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Quote Originally Posted by delta1 View Post
    Hell getting me out though!
    The farn had a JCB in the shed, didn't you notice?

Up to the range officers/marshals.

On the fullbore ranges at Bisley, there are only 3 meteorological reasons that shooting will be discontinued:

1. Can't physically see the target (rain/sleet/fog/snow/take your pick)
    2. Lightning (lying in an open field clutching a couple of foot of stainless steel!)
    3. Winds of such intensity that the target frame mechanisms will jam if you try to raise the targets (think sails) above the pit.

I was at the Imperial last year. The friday morning was intense rain. If you saw the articles, part of Century turned into a sizeable lake, some of the campsites flooded, etc. Several inches of rain fell in a few hours.

Shooting however, continued right up till the thunder and lightning started up before it was cancelled for the rest of the day.

At the Smallbore meeting this year one detail was postponed when an intense squall blew in for 20 minutes. The shooting was not cancelled because the weather was affecting the shooters. Merely because the targets were so wet that they were pulping on the frames. With the strong winds blowing them, they were tearing round the edges of the bull-dog clips and falling off the frames. Oh, and people were aiming at their neighbours target's because their sights ran out of clicks before they'd finished accounting for the windage
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud
    Shooting is my meditation