Thread: T.R.Robb

PeteB is offline Personally, I don't trust any bloke that makes me feel stiff in the morning
    Calne, Wiltshire. (not far enough from Calais)

T.R.Robb

Has anyone ever read "the spring air rifle tuning and service manual" By TR Robb. (vol 1)

A friend has lent it to me, and I was wondering if any of the infomation is of any use?

If so, my HW77 is going to get another fettleing, as now I a have a PCP, the recoil seems Sooooooooo harsh. Or have I just gone soft??

Pete

T R Robb

Have a look in the dictionary under rob as in robberie

ive also heard this about him....seems he has pocketed to much of peoples hard earned in his dealings...... i was warned off about him a while back.....wont go near him now......i think it went somr thing like " robb by name, rob by nature".......enough said!!
    A Sapper is someone who quenches your thirst if you require a drink in the desert. If you need to cross the fastest river he will bridge that gap, and if the path ahead is too much to bear, the Sapper will guide you through holding your hand. UBIQUE is his motto - for he and his family have been everywhere.

"Once bitten twice shy" springs to mind
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Ive dealt with him on several occasions , ive find him polite ,helpful and reasonably priced , if you dont like the price make him an offer , its worked for me

i bought 50 Tacs of him for 2 pounds each , all were secondhand and all of them worked perfectly

he also stocks a large selection of barrel blanks including walther in .22 .20 and .177 in 18 inch and 24 inch bit pricey ,but he does stock them ,so you dont have to order, not to mention he can turn and thread barrels to suit your requirements

So far i have nothing but good opinions of the man , but then ive never met him , ive only spoken on the phone,

im sure there are other whos had good deals of him

Matt
    i

I have bought various rifles and bits 'n' pieces from him in the past, face to face and have found him quite helpful. He has been in the game for many years and he does know his stuff. His prices can vary, for instance, one day he quoted me £30 for second-hand springer and yet when I got there a few days later he quoted £20. I am positive he does not go out of his way to 'con' anyone but it does pay to know and understand what you are buying, particularly second-hand. For example, the other day I bought a vintage air rifle from him but I knew that it needed a new breech seal and that the main-spring needed replacing. An amateur may not.

He has a wealth of interesting stories to tell. For instance, he refused to sell a certain scope by a particularly well know airgun manufacturer because every scope he had sold had been returned broken. It couldn't handle the 'recoil'effect of a spring gun. This resulted in the chariman of the firm contacting him asking what his problem was. Terry explained and let us hope the chairman addressed the problem.

i have had many transactions with t.r. robb all have gone as stated on the phone got bits for my crosman pellets etc. all seem good quality and reasonable price just my opinion

engineer

neill Guest

Videos

His best was in trying to find out how far a 12ft/lb spring gun would fire a pellet. His mate shoots the pellet down a water filled gully towards Mr Robb who tries to video the splash as the pellet lands in the water.........sometimes a little to close for comfort.