Thread: It's real.

Red face It's real.

Having cast aspersions on the existence of my little banjophile friend's 'BSF 65' that has been mentioned on one or two occasions in the Collectable Airguns section, I was yesterday privileged to not only see, but also handle and photograph the gun.

I can confirm that the BSF 65 is indeed authentic, the model number stamped into the cylinder is and always has been '65', and not a '55' that a person or persons unknown but with a penchant for tripe and clogs has modified with a Dremel.

My best guess is that it's a prototype that was was sent to overseas distributors for evaluation, but never put into production. On that basis, there may well be, in fact I would expect there to be, another example somewhere in the USA.

It's a great shame that it didn't enter production, because it's a little corker of an air rifle.

Would I happen to know this person who has a 'penchant for tripe and clogs' because I have been known to partake in both in the past. It was only on doctors advice, due to sudden weight gain that I gave up eating clogs. While the doctor also advised me that my habit of drinking brake fluid was addictive - I told him I can stop anytime.

May I publically announce that Im thinking of starting the 'BSF Model 65 Owners Club'. Well, it cant be as boring and depressing as some. It wont have a 'Shout Box' more of an 'Echo Chamber' and I can constantly complain about lack of input and apathy.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    To both of you: a very funny thread that has made me chuckle on an otherwise drab day ... Sorry couldn't make it yesterday gents, but my travel permit for crossing the Watford Gap didn't arrive in time . Anyway, glad you all had a great day and Jim, if I can do February I will bring you my Airgunaid SP-5 .20 to play with as requested, and maybe a little something "secret" too : Gareth W-B.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

May I publically announce that Im thinking of starting the 'BSF Model 65 Owners Club'. Well, it cant be as boring and depressing as some. It wont have a 'Shout Box' more of an 'Echo Chamber' and I can constantly complain about lack of input and apathy.

ATB
    Ian [/QUOTE]

I assume all applicants will need to add their date of birth in order to be considered for membership.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    ...and maybe a little something "secret" too : Gareth W-B.
    Not the BSF 64?

Quote Originally Posted by BTDT View Post
    Not the BSF 64?

You never once mentioned you wanted to see that rifle.

ATB
    Ian

I can confirm that the BSF 65 is indeed authentic, the model number stamped into the cylinder is and always has been '65', and not a '55' that a person or persons unknown but with a penchant for tripe and clogs has modified with a Dremel.
    Blimey, all this fuss over a slightly thick line worker at the BSF factory, who was probably in a hurry to go home.

Quote Originally Posted by Punchsteve View Post
    Blimey, all this fuss over a slightly thick line worker at the BSF factory, who was probably in a hurry to go home.
    We are talking GERMAN engineering here.

ATB
    Ian

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

I can confirm that the BSF 65 is indeed authentic, the model number stamped into the cylinder is and always has been '65', and not a '55' ....

My best guess is that it's a prototype that was was sent to overseas distributors for evaluation, but never put into production. On that basis, there may well be, in fact I would expect there to be, another example somewhere in the USA.

It's a great shame that it didn't enter production, because it's a little corker of an air rifle.
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. The BSF 65 is, in fact, the ####### offspring of Cold War Soviet expansionism and Hungarian engineering.

Realising the West was weakening under the influence of smoking 'pot', young girls in mini-skirts and coloured shirts for men (!), the plans to Sovietise Western Europe went into incredible detail, including the Sovietisation of the German airgun industry.

A team of four Hungarian engineers working at the Relum plant designed and built an uber-Soviet air-rifle to be produced at the BSF works post-World War III. At that time, 1965, it was believed that the war would be fought with LSD bombs (love-bombing) and industry would escape unscathed.

Of course the war was never fought, and dragged on as a nuclear stalemate for another 30 years. However, the Relum/BSF made it over the border in the body of an East German spitzenhund during the 1972 Canine Olympics in Strasbourg. The spitzenhund is long and thin, like a greyhound only more aphid-like (gluey eyes). It was supposed to be used as the basis for an umbrella-gun to be used by KGB assassins working the Olympics . However, it whiffed freedom and broke away from its Russian handlers, and dashed madly through the night, eventually stowing away on a salami-freighter from Rotterdam to Newcastle.

Once in Blitey it found its way over the Pennines, finally stoopping to beg a few chips from some pensioners. Unused to such rich provender it chucked its guts & the Relum/BSF. The rather 'coated' rifle was taken by the pensioners to trade in at a second-hand banjo & tripe shop and the rest is history. The '65 is actually the date of the project's inception, rather than the model number.

So, it is a Relum. I'll give you £30 for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Wrong, wrong and wrong. The BSF 65 is, in fact, the ####### offspring of Cold War Soviet expansionism and Hungarian engineering.

Realising the West was weakening under the influence of smoking 'pot', young girls in mini-skirts and coloured shirts for men (!), the plans to Sovietise Western Europe went into incredible detail, including the Sovietisation of the German airgun industry.

A team of four Hungarian engineers working at the Relum plant designed and built an uber-Soviet air-rifle to be produced at the BSF works post-World War III. At that time, 1965, it was believed that the war would be fought with LSD bombs (love-bombing) and industry would escape unscathed.

Of course the war was never fought, and dragged on as a nuclear stalemate for another 30 years. However, the Relum/BSF made it over the border in the body of an East German spitzenhund during the 1972 Canine Olympics in Strasbourg. The spitzenhund is long and thin, like a greyhound only more aphid-like (gluey eyes). It was supposed to be used as the basis for an umbrella-gun to be used by KGB assassins working the Olympics . However, it whiffed freedom and broke away from its Russian handlers, and dashed madly through the night, eventually stowing away on a salami-freighter from Rotterdam to Newcastle.

Once in Blitey it found its way over the Pennines, finally stoopping to beg a few chips from some pensioners. Unused to such rich provender it chucked its guts & the Relum/BSF. The rather 'coated' rifle was taken by the pensioners to trade in at a second-hand banjo & tripe shop and the rest is history. The '65 is actually the date of the project's inception, rather than the model number.

So, it is a Relum. I'll give you £30 for it.
    so it was born as a result of a hungarian gun maker dropping acid for the first time seems reasonable to me better than IJs version of its conception

Following some of the threads on here sometimes makes me wonder if someone has slipped something into my drink! Now where's my umbrella?

hi is the bsf an under lever rifle as my grandad has one he used to have the manual with it, in the manual it said that the german army used this rifle for target practice.

Quote Originally Posted by psb_74 View Post
    hi is the bsf an under lever rifle as my grandad has one he used to have the manual with it, in the manual it said that the german army used this rifle for target practice.
    The underlever BSF is the model 54, a very, shall we say agricultural rifle.
    Thanks for the input.

ATB
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by psb_74 View Post
    That's an expensive target, paper's much more practical.

No wonder they lost the war.