Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hard Case reccomendation...

RochdaleLad Guest

Hard Case reccomendation...

Does anyone know if a hard case exists that will take my Career _and_ my S400K, both scoped? Or am I asking too much?

I was going to get the jigsaw out and apply it to some MDF and make my own... Reason is, I don't fancy taking a couple of gun shaped bags onto the bus . Can't be bothered with any aggro.

Actually, that leads me onto another point - has anyone who uses public transport to go to shoots etc, had any problems from the driver?

Davido.

itsa344 Guest
    I live next door to a house that is mainly rented out to students. Last year, whilst returning from a bunny bash, my coat slipped from my branch full of gutted bunnies, revealing them to the unwashed masses that were my neighbors (who were advancing their knowledge of their chosen subjects by laying around their front garden sunbathing).

Almost instantly, three birds, and a skinny bloke with a dog on a rope advanced from their garden to point out the obvious - e.g. that I was human scum, that bunnies had rights under the EU, and that if I had only been to a clever school such as them I would have evolved beyond my primitive desires to hunt, etc etc).

I picked up my coat, smiled, and went indoors. However, as I am away most weekends on shoots or stalks of various types, I did just wonder if, whilst swapping soap dodging tips, they might have alerted some of the more extreme members of the student / AR / anarchist of my activities, and I might return one Sunday evening to find my humble abode burnt to the ground / sprayed with 'witty' comments etc.

So, as that lot reached the end of term and moved out, and a new lot moved in, I thought of ways to be more anonymous.

Obviously, keeping my quarry better covered was the main thing, but as for my guns, I found a good decoy was;

A guitar case.

(sorry you had to read all that - actually, for the length, you need one that is designed to take an electric bass guitar).

Make your own. It's not that difficult. Mine has a frame of beech and is clad top and bottom with 6mm ply, screwed and glued to the beech frame. A pair of hinges, a pair of clasps, a strap handle screwed on, foam liner cut out to suit, and you have it.

Very strong, it's like a rectangular coffin, and it gets called that at the club. Mind you it is heavy, but it would need running over by a bus for the gun to get damaged.

Rich

engin is offline If you can't dazzle them with brilliance...
    I cant drive due to bad eyesight so everywhere I go is with public transport.

Picture if you will, having gone to Bisley to pick up my s410k,scoped and bagged, and a bright blue, large and heavy, twin bottle air charging system oojamyflip.

Now taking that lot on the train back to London was no problem, nor was getting it form Waterloo to Greenwich.

I did have two gay blokes intrigues as to what was in the case and a good long talk about their shooting days.

I also had to take time to get the strap marks off my shoulder for the bottles (I was using a laptop bag strap).

David
    If you did find a case big enough to take both rifles at the same time, you would need Sherper Tensing to carry it for you. Gun gear used to do a two gun bag. I could get both my S410 and S400 in it both scoped. Great bag that. I sold mine to Eric from the old Failsworth club. The one with the awfull wasp coloured Styer. He might want rid now Failsworth has closed.

Where are you shooting now?
    "The ones who wish to fight, well, we aim to please"
    Lt. Col. Tim Collins, commander of the 1st Battalion of the Royal Irish

Oh and I joined in April 2002 eleven years a member now

Try a gig case; I got one for by boy’s electric guitar. Basically it’s a hard shell rectangular box NOT shaped for an instrument. The one I got cost about £30 maybe £40 I’m not sure it was some years ago but I think it would have been big enough to meet your needs. Width at least would be no problem for the two guns. It’s only drawback as I remember it was weight, lots of weight but it offered excellent protection for its contents.

Regards Ora

RochdaleLad Guest
    Originally posted by Karlos.
    David
    If you did find a case big enough to take both rifles at the same time, you would need Sherper Tensing to carry it for you. Gun gear used to do a two gun bag. I could get both my S410 and S400 in it both scoped. Great bag that. I sold mine to Eric from the old Failsworth club. The one with the awfull wasp coloured Styer. He might want rid now Failsworth has closed.

Where are you shooting now?
    Hi Karl,

Yeah, I did think about the fact it'd be a bit of a pain to carry

I'm shooting on a farm about 2 miles from my house, which is nice. I _could_ walk it, I just don't fancy plodding through the council estate with a gun on my back

Aye, I remember that Steyer... If Eric doesn't want the bag I'll gladly take it off him for a reasonable price.

Cheers,
    David.

Dave, off topic, but curious about what tuning Sam did on your 400?
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

RochdaleLad Guest
    PM Sent.

And the second one has been acted upon I see.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Ravenskull Guest
    Originally posted by itsa344

I picked up my coat, smiled, and went indoors. However, as I am away most weekends on shoots or stalks of various types, I did just wonder if, whilst swapping soap dodging tips, they might have alerted some of the more extreme members of the student / AR / anarchist of my activities, and I might return one Sunday evening to find my humble abode burnt to the ground / sprayed with 'witty' comments etc.

never going to happen my friend- the NUS/student scene has become so apathetic it is unbelievable- probably because their former best mates the labour party, ignore them these days, and do their level best to crush them. NUS is now full of windbags, and due to gov't changes to loan/tuition fees, those who would be radicals can no longer afford to go to uni.

RochdaleLad Guest
    Rich: I'll probably get the tape measure out today and see what I can come up with.

Ora8i: thanks for that, I'll speak to my next door neighbour. I think she's a music-y type and she might have something I can have a look at.

If all else fails, I can always buy a couple of those logun casemat thingies from BAR

Cheers lads,
    David.
    Last edited by RochdaleLad; 27-05-2004 at 12:17 PM.

Pat... Guest
    Why not just carry your guns securely covered and tell any nosey tw@t who interfeers to off.

There is a time and place for swaering - and this would be one of them.

Pat

RochdaleLad Guest
    Originally posted by Pat...
    Why not just carry your guns securely covered and tell any nosey tw@t who interfeers to off.

There is a time and place for swaering - and this would be one of them.

Pat

Yeah, I had thought about that (minus the swearing, that is ). I just don't wanna get chucked off the bus and have to actually... Walk

Or for that matter have some old biddy call the ARV

Similar problem - have been looking at 2x rifles soft cases - square section and black not cammo - very little available in the UK except some airsoft suppliers - a company called Blackhawk in the US make just the thing (padded weapons case) - but tricky to get here unless you get it shipped in.
    As to 'whats in the case' try 'archery stuff' coz' snooker cue, banjo, or mother in law are all different shapes - people don't get too upset on archery and it makes sense you are going to a field to do it.
    HTH Stu