Thread: Scope familiarisation for noobies.

Zanx Guest

Scope familiarisation for noobies.

Ok, got my Stealth 2000 this morning and there's a massive scope on the top with loads of bells and whistles on, problem it I don't know what they do (apart from the switch and the focus ring) soooo....

What does the rotating eyepiece do?
    What does the knob in the middle (on top) do?
    What does the knob in the middle (on the side) do?

I can guess the last ones are for helping you to make holes in what you're pointing at.

Also, can anyone explain the markings on the reticle? It's not a Mil Dot, it's the other sort.

If this has been done already then if someone can point me to the thread I'll have a read, I would have done a search but not being familiar with the tech terms yet, it would have been tricky.

One last thing, is it normal to get a little puff of air from the breech when a rifle is fired or does it need new O ring?

Ta

ianchandler Guest

Zanx,
    I don't/won't try to explain the scope, but I have been reading up on the Stealth's.
    The puff of air around the breech is not a desireable thing. From what I understand it is a leak from around the valve stem that vents to atmosphere and thus is robbing you of power or wasting air. On one of the Stealth sites, this was overcome by machining an O-ring groove inside the valve body so that the extra O-ring ensures all the air from the bottle goes up the barrel.
    Whilst I cannot say for definate that this is the case, I would recommend a trip to an RFD to get it checked/repaired and set to sub 12 ftlb.

HTH

Ogri the trog
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

Zanx Guest
    Thanks chaps

Taff, I think it's a design flaw that (as you say) can be ovecome with a bit of tinkering and machining.

Having said that, I just had a go in the back garden and am well pleased, there's this 3 in 1 tin I had nailed to the shed door (25 yards away) that I've been trying to hit with the Beretta 92 for what must be weeks now without success, just tried with the Steath and blew it clean off the door, first shot

Any chance you could point me to that Stealth site?

Oh, what's an RFD?

Zanx,
    IIRC it was www.airguns.tk/
    go through the airguns section and its listed there (I hope)

ATB

Ogri the trog

If its not there tell me and I'll dig a bit deeper
    Improvise, Adapt & Overcome

Zanx Guest
    Taff, excellent site, thank you. Saved me from doing something potentially VERY naughty without knowing it

machasm Guest
    RFD
    Registered Firearms Dealer.
    Mac