Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Suitable back stop for the garage

Thumbs up Pellet Catcher

If you go to your local office furniture supplier you can buy a metal stationery cupboard where the doors have been damaged. The one I bought is 6 foot tall and about 3 foot wide. I put an ordinary Bisley catcher on the shelves which give me low shots or level shots or high shots. The cupboard will stop a pellet on its own but I use old phone books etc to cut down on the noise. It cost me £20 quid delivered which is what the Bisley catcher cost. HTH
    Tutchi

Try using plastercine I think this is how you spell it or newplast as it is now called. I found this to be very good at the back of my pellet catcher.

Talking Backstop

Hmmm I found a good source for a backstop, The Argos Store Catalogue. They normally have them near the door and if you are lucky you can get a pack of them sealed in plastic wrap. They make a good freestanding back stop.

(just pick up a pack as you mutter, “I need one for home, office, Sister, Brother,
    etc.)

Re: Backstop

Originally posted by Haje
    (just pick up a pack as you mutter, “I need one for home, office, Sister, Brother,
    etc.)
    [/B]
    I notice you didnt say: 'Friend........'
    Mmmeeeeoooowww
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Landrover

Originally posted by Lee G
    Bung a landrover in there, plenty of scrap metal to shoot.

Hey! How dare you encourage anyone to shoot an old Landrover!

Even if a given example is beyond economical repair, its parts can be used to help keep other Landrovers in service. A Series Landrover is, given its mechcano kit construction probably the most recyclable vehicle on the planet. I believe that something like 70% of all Landrovers ever made are still in service.

Mine is an ex MOD example from the 60’s, it has been restored (by myself) and with it’s new engine easily keeps up with modern traffic. It runs on LPG so is economical and environmentally friendly as well. It has out lived many of the other cars that I have owned and there is no reason why it should not be around for many years to come.

They are also naturally very good for anyone involved with shooting sports.

nealie Guest
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

warning....warning....sense of humour level now critical....must be topped up with episodes of Bo Selecta and Futurama!

FT Shooter Guest
    Originally posted by Doobin
    I think Clubshot was referring to collecting the old pellets to melt down and re-use for other purposes, and to avoid putting a massive quantity of lead into the environment when you ditch the sand.

NEVER re-use old pellets, ESPECIALLY if they're covered in sand!
    Its OK Doobin I was taking the proverbial

Re: Re: Backstop

Originally posted by I. J.
    I notice you didnt say: 'Friend........'
    Mmmeeeeoooowww
    Hey Ian, do you want some then?

BTW, we are comming over to TS in the morning....I'll make the coffee.

Re: Re: Re: Backstop

Hey Ian, do you want some then?

BTW, we are comming over to TS in the morning....I'll make the coffee.

Ive said it before and I will say it again - DONT FORGET THE BICCYS !

(p.s. Bring your entry fees to R.R.s compt of 11th July. )
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Lee G Guest

Re: Landrover

Hey! How dare you encourage anyone to shoot an old Landrover!

Even if a given example is beyond economical repair, its parts can be used to help keep other Landrovers in service. A Series Landrover is, given its mechcano kit construction probably the most recyclable vehicle on the planet. I believe that something like 70% of all Landrovers ever made are still in service.

Mine is an ex MOD example from the 60’s, it has been restored (by myself) and with it’s new engine easily keeps up with modern traffic. It runs on LPG so is economical and environmentally friendly as well. It has out lived many of the other cars that I have owned and there is no reason why it should not be around for many years to come.

They are also naturally very good for anyone involved with shooting sports.
    Best bung a few left wing lentle head tree huging loonies in for luck, they love to recycle old crap.

Tree Hugger

Hmmm, left wing tree hugger indeed! You obviously don’t know me then.

I’m not into recycling per sae, but I do enjoy mechanics and a Landrover is the perfect kit of parts to work with. I have spent plenty of time in places like West Africa where these vehicles just keep on running and when they do break down they are very easy to fix.

I have been surrounded by exotic animals all my life and have been working with venomous snakes for many years, so yes I do have an interest in their habitat.

But I’m no loony tree hugger

chub Guest
    an old bucket stuffed with folded newspaper .use a bulldog clip
    easy peasy
    albert

Thunderbolt A10 Guest
    Hi again,

I have just found out a very cheap backstop and it performs excellent with high power FAC airguns.

It is very simple - take a plastic can and fill it up with sand. It would be a good idea to first test the can to see if the pellet can penetrate the first layer of plastic so you don´t get a ricochet. If the pellet can penetrate the can you have an excellent backstop and with the right thickness of the can the pellet will never go straight through it.
    After few shots or maybe each shot you have to tape the hole over to prevent the sand from running out. Maybe a smart system could be invented for this ?

Rgds,
    Thunderbolt A-10

WIFE.

Fill a meatel wast paper bin with soil cover it a news paper then with pletny of cling film then lay it on its side, easy
    aquarisu11
    One Shot = One Kill