Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HFT and Daystate

Question HFT and Daystate

Just a observation but

Looking with interest at the recent winners in HFT I was wondering why there is such a dominant showing for Daystate rifles namely the Harrier X and the MK3.

Why are Harrier X’s being used extensively and winning and not Air Arms S400?

Any HFT lads care to shed some light

Thanks
    Carl .. AA S410K Nikko Sniper 10x42, AA TX200SR Simmons ProAir 4-12x40, Venom 97K Nikko Sniper 10x42.

Hmmm,
    been wondering that as well, i'm waiting for a muzle break for my 410 to see if that will help, apparently it will raise the impact of the pellet, must addmit when i take the silencer off it does hit high and havnt the faintest idea why.
    aquarius11
    One Shot = One Kill

I noticed that at Millride. I was hoping they would follow on from the plymouth results page and fill in the rifle and scope info.

I think 5 of the top 6 at millride were using mk3's and there were a fair few harrier x's around (inc me ).

Simon.
    Beretta 692 30" Sporter L/H Adjustable Stock
    Crooked Barn 2240 .22

Gary C Guest
    Just conjecture

Not one of the big boys but I use a MK3 because of it's consistency and weight out of the box. The standard AA S400 is too light to be a target gun IMHO.

Having said that Sammie, Pete, Craig etc are all having a mod done that makes the 400 a bit special.

If I hadn't got the MK3 I'd go for the 400 over the X.

I also think it's just a transient thing. Some of the best HFT shots haven't been on form - you will see Sparky (AAS400) Gazo (Hornet) up there and also Sammie, Ian Howells and Craig (Wacker) using S400's. Lee H also. Tony De X last years winner used a BSA.

The top FT chaps coming accross probably use Daystate because they were "Got" by Tony B before anybody else. Good luck to him and Daystate - they committed to HFT 1st

jonh Guest
    Interesting comment on rifle weight Gary.

I prefer to shoot standing (not recommended if you want to win though!) and have found a longer 'heavier' gun far more stable than a lightweight.

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by aquarius11
    Hmmm,
    been wondering that as well, i'm waiting for a muzle break for my 410 to see if that will help, apparently it will raise the impact of the pellet, must addmit when i take the silencer off it does hit high and havnt the faintest idea why.
    aquarius11
    It's barrel droop due to the weight of the silencer. I fitted a 1/2" UNF adapter to my S410 then tried the four different silencers I had in that fitting. The lighter the silencer the higher the POI.

BTW it's a muzzle brake, not break. You're trying to slow it, not destroy it.

Jonathan

As you all know I used to be quite fond of 400/410's, still am TBH, but because of the light weight, I found it hard to hold on target, hence the move to Harrier's. Now I've moved on to an HW100 for ease of cocking so we'll see if my 83% average improves or not with an even heavier rifle.
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Originally posted by Gary C

The top FT chaps coming accross probably use Daystate because they were "Got" by Tony B before anybody else. Good luck to him and Daystate - they committed to HFT 1st
    And more power to them Gary any manufacturer that puts something back deserves to be rewarded.

It just struck me as a bit odd; a gun dealer once told me that the Air Arms S 400/410 range out sold all the others in the same class put together , thus I would have expected this popularity to be reflected in HFT.

I think most people would consider the Air Arms S 400/410 to be the bench mark for all other rifles within the same class, not having used a Harrier X, I did not know if the pretender to the throne had in fact taken it
    Carl .. AA S410K Nikko Sniper 10x42, AA TX200SR Simmons ProAir 4-12x40, Venom 97K Nikko Sniper 10x42.

Thanks Jonathan

Adrian
    One Shot = One Kill

jonh Guest
    Let's not forget though that it is practice and dedication that get you to the top.

I wouldn't mind betting that the top shots in HFT would do well with any reliable rifle.

Originally posted by jonh
    Let's not forget though that it is practice and dedication that get you to the top.

I wouldn't mind betting that the top shots in HFT would do well with any reliable rifle.
    for sure !
    SCR Custom - rifles by Dave Brayford

"there's no point in asking... you'll get no reply" - Johnny Rotten

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Originally posted by Snapshot.

BTW it's a muzzle brake, not break. You're trying to slow it, not destroy it.

Jonathan
    Classic - must have seen that typo a million times
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Snapshot. Guest
    Along with beech/beach and breech/breach...

I can understand why a beach stock would be much heavier than walnut but not how they get all the grains of sand to stick together.

Does spelling really matter, it makes me laugh on here that the grammar is so important, for F###s it’s an airgun forum not Educating Rita (mind I do wonder sometimes)
    If some of you put as much effort into shooting as you do trying to find spelling mistakes you would be world champions!!!!!

Pete

dwb Guest
    Less time on here more time on practice range or more time with spell checking
    if you read sum of my posts you know where my time goes and is not the spell checking
    DWBaines