Thread: Letter I just sent to Crosman customer service read

AIRGUN-NUTT Guest

Angry Letter I just sent to Crosman customer service read

Gentlmen I thought I would share this with you,your input would be most appreciated I faxed,e-mailed and mailed this off today to Crosman customer service.

Dear Crosman Customer Service,

This is my third writing to your company in past 6 weeks regarding defective C02 powerlets. I have not yet received a single response from any of your staff. I am starting to get quite annoyed at your companies lack of interest in this matter. I purchased a 25 pack of c02 powerlets catalog id number 2311 p/n 2311A530 approx 8 weeks ago and found 9 out of 25 to be defective. I have submitted the upc product code so you could trace the faulty batch. I would place one in my airgun Cr model 2240 and it would not pierce the seal to charge the gun, at first I thought my piercing pin was at fault, but I experienced the same problem in my Walther Cp 99,Cr model 357 as well as several of my c02 powered guns. I had one powerlet pierce, but not cleanly there was a faint indentation, gas was being released but not enough to make the gun operate properly. I had to wait over an hour for the powerlet to bleed off so I could safely remove it from the gun. I have been a dedicated Crosman consumer for 30 years and have purchased many of your products, I find that Crosmans quality control has diminished greatly as of late, not with just powerlets, but with the airguns themselves. I am a member of several Internet airgun forums and numerous fellow airgunners I have corresponded with have had similar complaints, they have had to return several products to the place of purchase because of defects found I.E. no rifling in the barrel(Cr model 1377c) bad muzzle crowns(Cr model 2240), missing screws one even found a safety detent ball in the bottom of a package, the list is on going.I am afraid you have lost a customer due to your companies inability to communicate with the consumer on such matters. I hope and pray that no serious injuries ever arise, from any of your product(s) being at fault. One injured child or adult is not acceptable.I am a strong advocate on safety ,not just to airgunning but all shooting sports. I believe safety, quality control, and customer service should be Crosmans first priority, not mass production and revenues.

Sorry to hear about the problems you've been having mate, but it has to be said, Crossman are cheap Yank rubbish, sold with hugely inflated prices to us poor Brits.

Zanx Guest
    "I am afraid you have lost a customer due to your companies inability to communicate with the consumer on such matters."

Ranting rule #1:

Give the rantee a reason to placate you.

By pointing out that you have already left the Crosman fold they have nothing to gain by corresponding with you. Maybe the Merkins have been taking customer relations lessons off UK motorcycle dealers.

Sid Guest
    This is the first time in 30 years of buying Crosman products that you got something duff ? I'd say you were the luckiest man alive

Your country has gun laws which allow you to own a proper firearm, why on earth would you want to buy junk from Crosman anyway ?

AIRGUN-NUTT Guest

Im a Canadian Sid by birth not by choice

Our airgun laws are a little more strick than the U.S. or U.K we are only allowed a max of 495 fps and 5.7 joules muzzle energy on non-f.a.c. airguns no silencers either. This is also not my first run i with faulty Crosman products by rather my 9th,yes I am a glutton for punish ment .Where i am located I have no choice but to buy this stuff,but soon will be getting the better stuff.Right now it sucks to be me lol

Cheers

AIRGUN-NUTT Guest

Zanx I will store that info for the future

Im just right miffed that a corporation that size and old would not even reply to a customer,it really boggles my mind.I appreciate your in-put thanks much

Cheers

Zanx Guest

Re: Zanx I will store that info for the future

Originally posted by AIRGUN-NUTT
    Im just right miffed that a corporation that size and old would not even reply to a customer,it really boggles my mind.I appreciate your in-put thanks much

Cheers
    From their point of view, losing your custom is of piffling importance, that's the problem with some big companies. You have pointed out potentially dangerous manufacturing problems that they can either:

a) Ignore and shred your letter and hope no one gets hurt.
    b) Shut down Co2 bulb production while they find the problem (which means they will have accepted there is a problem which leaves them wide open to getting sued)
    c) Pretend there isn't a problem.

Unfortunately alot of companies (and some councils) weigh up the cost of getting sued every year against the cost of rectifying problems and sometimes come up with the morally reprehensible decision to allow people to get hurt because it's cheaper.

Still, Crosman have lost 2 customers now.

Eduard Guest
    Recently many of Russian airguners were quite worried about the quality of Crosman Premier 10,5 grain pellets which are the most used by those who has magnum airguns. The quality became much worse then it used to be. The complain was signed by the moderator of one of the most visited airgun forums in Russia and sent from the address of the forum – no reply.

I am afraid you will get the same “reply”

elmerfudd Guest
    Originally posted by Eduard
    Recently many of Russian airguners were quite worried about the quality of Crosman Premier 10,5 grain pellets which are the most used by those who has magnum airguns. The quality became much worse then it used to be. The complain was signed by the moderator of one of the most visited airgun forums in Russia and sent from the address of the forum – no reply.

I am afraid you will get the same “reply”
    I think the decline in quality of Crosman Premiers has been noticed everywhere. Thank God for JSB exacts.

Originally posted by elmerfudd
    I think the decline in quality of Crosman Premiers has been noticed everywhere. Thank God for JSB exacts.
    And Daystate FT's
    http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner

http://www.picturetrail.com/airgunner2388

Daystate MKIII RT (A).177" - Daystate MKIII RT (B) .22" (FAC) - Daystate MKIII RT (B2) Short .177" - Daystate MKIII Sports CDT (C) - Daystate X2 Sports R .177" - Daystate Harrier X .22" (FAC)

www.daystateowners.com

Eduard Guest
    JSB are great pellets, I use 5.52 JSB exact, easily make 20 mm for ten shorts at 50 meters. When I will finish tuning of my bullpup expect the group size going down to 12-15 mm.

Next week will check out JSB EXACT heavy in 4.5 caliber. But something tells me they are better then CP 10.5.