Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Brocock Aim X pcp Pistol

Big Mat is offline Formerly Fire Bunnys, and doesn't ask for much!

The Brocock Aim X pcp Pistol

I havent seen many post about this on the forum so i thought i would share a few photos of mine!

Here it is ( plus my two goats at the start )

Its a .22 pcp pistol. My one is fitted with a Rhino 2x32 pistol scope and the pistol does not come with open sights.

Its a fairly weighty pistol but i find i ( all 6 foot 1" of me ) can shoot it quite well two handed. The grip is ambedexteriours ( sp? ) i think, but i find it easier to shoot it left handed even though i shoot right handed due to a rugby injury on my left thumb.

The barrel is threaded but i do not know what thread so i'll be contacting brocock soon to find out as im thinking of fitting a omderator as its alittle bit loud when im shooting in my indoor range!

It is loaded by lifting the clipy thingy on the right hand side of the action up and this lets the probe go back, you then pull the probe back untill it click and cannot go any further. You then insert a pellet and push the probe forward. The gun is now ready to fire

I get a good 50 shots from 170 bar down to 100 bar and this is more than enought, pumping it is easy and helps keep me in shape for the rugby season.

This pistol will do one hole groups with certain pellets when shot of the bench. Its a great little gun to shoot.

I did a full 50 shot chrono string this evening and got an average on 5.6ft/lb with aa field.

just a little review kinda thing.

atb
    mat
    Last edited by Big Mat; 14-08-2008 at 01:23 PM.

The link to the pic didnt work, I for one am really interested in seeing it though if you are able to sort it
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

your pics are password protected

it askes for a password when you click the link

think thats it all working now

Bob. is offline I think I'll keep with "Registered User" then
    It works for me.
    Nice pistol!
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

Very nice! Any more info as to where they are for sale and how much?
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"

This one was purchased from Michael Tawn and cost £299 including the scope and a bag. brocock website was down last time i looked so havent seen any other info about the pistol.

I've never seen one of them are they a current product? Who stocks them?

Ora

Quote Originally Posted by ora8i View Post
    I've never seen one of them are they a current product? Who stocks them?

Ora
    yeh there are quite a new product, this one was purchased from michael tawn. i do not know of anyother stockist

me too

I've got one as well, bought from Hobbies in Dover, but I've also seen one at Park Street Guns in St albans, Herts.

It is quite heavy, but once you get your head around shooting it with 2 hands, it's very accurate. I've got a red dot sight on it, works for me.

I think it's great, paid £299.00 as well. Well worth the money in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I've got one as well, bought from Hobbies in Dover, but I've also seen one at Park Street Guns in St albans, Herts.

It is quite heavy, but once you get your head around shooting it with 2 hands, it's very accurate. I've got a red dot sight on it, works for me.

I think it's great, paid £299.00 as well. Well worth the money in my opinion.
    what pellets are you using? this one seems to have a bit of a fondness of bisley magnums. they shoot of one hole group of the bench rest

AimX

Saw one in my local gun shop last week & would have bought it if it was in .177". The price was good too at £235.

I contacted Brocock & they say that as soon as Walther send them .177" barrels they will be available, however, as Walther are "snowed under" with orders at the moment, they have not given Brocock a delivery date as yet. They are expected to be available in .177" later this year.

The thread is 10mm & I tried it with a Logun moderator fitted. It makes it very long, but is very quiet.

A very nice pistol & hopefully will be added to the collection in the near future.

Chris.
    Far too many rifles & pistols to mention here.

Nice pistol...
    Wouldn't mind trying one of those scopes..anyone know of a stockist??
    Eric.

Quote Originally Posted by fire bunnys View Post
    what pellets are you using? this one seems to have a bit of a fondness of bisley magnums. they shoot of one hole group of the bench rest
    I'm using RWS Superfields, 5.52's, washed and lubed with napier oil, very accurate and keeps the barrel clean. These are 15.9 grains, which is quite heavy, but it's running around 5.6 Ft Ib on the Chrono.

I tried to standardise on a decent quality pellet, my S10 BB Carbine loves these too, although they are'nt cheap, but no quality pellets are at the moment.

I must say that I've found these pellets to be superior in my guns to the other JSB type pellets such as the AA's and Daystates, you might want to give them a try.

Quote Originally Posted by pmarshall View Post
    I'm using RWS Superfields, 5.52's, washed and lubed with napier oil, very accurate and keeps the barrel clean. These are 15.9 grains, which is quite heavy, but it's running around 5.6 Ft Ib on the Chrono.

I tried to standardise on a decent quality pellet, my S10 BB Carbine loves these too, although they are'nt cheap, but no quality pellets are at the moment.

I must say that I've found these pellets to be superior in my guns to the other JSB type pellets such as the AA's and Daystates, you might want to give them a try.
    thanks for that, i best get my dad to go and stock up on pellets.

It adictive this pistol shooting.