Thread: Re help with a HW35

Re help with a HW35

I have recently purchased a HW35 off here. It has the same length barrel as my export however the butt end of the stock is very similar to my hw80. There is no grooves in the stock and it is flat not rounded on the underneath of the stock. Please can anyone help me identify it.

Cheers

Ben

Re hw35

I have managed to find out that the stock is a hw35 deluxe from google - did these come with an export barrel or not? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If you do a search for "hw35" your question may be answered. I was reading an article in an old AGW by Eddie Barber, who gave a brief history of the earlier 35 variations. I will dig it out and have a look.

regards, Mike

Can you spot the model HERE?

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

genrally the delux came with the std length barrel, but in 1980 airgunaid where advertising the hw35 "c" which was a std 35 with a 22 inch barrel and a 4mm transfer port, not sure if they ever did the same with the delux stock, also around 1980 uttings tackle and gun shop were also advertising 35 std with 22 inch barrels, at the time some people believed the longer export barrel gave more power, which of course it didn,t, so it possibly came like that from new or could have been swaped over by a previous owner
    hope some of this waffle is of some interest
    best regards
    paul
    hw 80custom, , hw 35 luxus, hw35 std,

In November 1978 AGW Eddie barber wrote..."some models are now appearing with a new stock which has a square fore-end, and the last batch of export models I saw had the de-luxe stock fitted" He also mentions early models having 4mm transfer ports.

Mike

Hello

If you would like a standard HW35 stock I've got one you can have for £15 + postage.

SpringfieldM6

question, lease can any one tell me the size of the transfer port, on an early 80s, 35e, thanks ant.