Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic Rifle/Pistol meeting.

Classic Rifle/Pistol meeting.

Date: Sunday 1st Feb. '09
    Venue: Rivington Riflemen INDOOR range (40 yard rifle and 10m pistol/match rifle ranges)
    Within 2 miles of Jnct 6 of the M61 motorwayMaps/directions will be offered to those requiring them nearer the time.
    Price: £5 for the full days fun. Entry fees donated to charity (Bolton Hospice). Snacks and drinks will be available.
    10am - till ?
    Parking is limited to 30-40 cars so car sharing would be ideal.

It has been suggested we could do (fun) competitions over the 40 yards, consistency compts over the chrono, Bring & Buy (seller beware because the buyer can try it! ) Swop shop, etc.
    Is anyone prepared to do a demo on the stripping and maintenance of the more classic springer?

Any more thoughts/ideas?

ATB
    Ian
    Last edited by I. J.; 11-01-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Charity beneficiary added.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Hi Ian.

I'll be there.

I think you got all things covered as well as a roof

Like the idea of the strip/maintenance. I could do with a 'how to zero' properly

With the comps how about some winners badges. Back in the 70's/80's everyone had to have a badge of some sort

No doubt there will be some better suggestions from other members

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    Hi Ian.

I'll be there.

I think you got all things covered as well as a roof

Like the idea of the strip/maintenance. I could do with a 'how to zero' properly

With the comps how about some winners badges. Back in the 70's/80's everyone had to have a badge of some sort

No doubt there will be some better suggestions from other members

Regards
    Paddy.
    What! No cheap booze and the R.R. Duck Of Doom [presented to the competitor who misses EVERYTHING]

ATB
    Ian

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    That sounds superb, and if I can get a shiny badge too, yes, as I have enough notice to plan child care help for the Mrs, I too would like to say that I will be there. So notwithstanding domestic trauma (such as the wife finding out in truth how much I have actually spent on collectable air guns ), I will be there bright and breezy at the start of play for the day. Ian me 'ol mucka, yhpm . Atvb: Gareth W-B
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 13-08-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: coz I can :-)

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    What! No cheap booze and the R.R. Duck Of Doom [presented to the competitor who misses EVERYTHING]

ATB
    Ian

Yes I can see that 'Duck' coming home with me , you can keep the cheap booze or we can shake them up real hard & shoot them. Make a real nice fountains
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Yes I can see that 'Duck' coming home with me .
    Back off Buster, the duck's mine , and don't you go worrying about me not wanting the cheap booze Ian my friend, as being a budding pauper and a peasant I will welcome it with open gob . Ha ha. Atb: Gareth.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Back off Buster, the duck's mine , and don't you go worrying about me not wanting the cheap booze Ian my friend, as being a budding pauper and a peasant I will welcome it with open gob . Ha ha. Atb: Gareth.
    Is this a challenge My good Fellow!! By the way you are sounding off, it mighty looks like it is!!

& by what means shall we take this challenge on? As it being in the collectors section, we shall do this in a gentlemans way .

I said it before & I'll say it again 'THAT DUCK IS MINE!!!' , I'm quite professional when comes to matters like these
    BE-HAPPY-OK

I said it before & I'll say again 'THAT DUCK IS MINE!!!' , I'm quite professional when comes to matters like these .
    Oh yeah ... Well I play dirty, and when you ain't lookin' I'm gonna straighten yer barrel on me roll bars and zero yer scope properly too ... There, how'd ya like than big boy? What ya gonna do about it? Well 'ard the Mallard is mine mate, and I'll even go so far as to use SMK pellets to make doubly sure of it too ...

by what means shall we take this challenge on? As it being in the collectors section, we shall do this in a gentlemans way .
    Pre 1979 scoped springer rifles of choice. Scope not to exceed x9 mag and not px (as is the most common/popular mag used in the real world), ten targets with standard 1" knock-down kill zones set no further than 40 yards (don't do French), and no nearer than 10 yards. Two shots each per target. One point for a plate, two for a knock down. All shots to be taken seated on floor with a bean bag/shooting cushion or standing (shooter's choice), and each shot to be taken within 30 seconds of the scope being drawn up to the eye. I devised these rules for friendly classic comp some time back, as they can be implemented at almost any Air Rifle range using existing positioned targets thus eliminating the need to re-jig an established zeroing or plinking range (we could call this the BBS Classic ) ... Normally I'd say may the best man win although for our purpose of seeing who will win the duck I would have to say may the best muppet loose. Ha ha . Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Last edited by Gareth W-B; 14-08-2008 at 11:54 AM. Reason: coz I can :-D

all sounds good to me Ian. Count me in.

Normally I'd say may the best man win although for our purpose of seeing who will win the duck I would have to say may the best muppet loose. Ha ha . Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Gentlemen! Gentlemen please!

I will ensure that there will be enough yellow plastic ducks in quantities suitable for this event and for the calibre of competition, the relevant equipment used and the shooting standards of the competitors.

ATB
    Ian

P. S. Does anyone know where I can buy yellow plastic ducks in bulk?

I will ensure that there will be enough yellow plastic ducks in quantities suitable for this event and for the calibre of competition, the relevant equipment used and the shooting standards of the competitors.
    ... and don't forget the shiny badges or brightly coloured patches that Pad. E mentioned or I'll sulk ...

Oh yeah ... Well I play dirty, and when you ain't lookin' I'm gonna straighten yer barrel on me roll bars and zero yer scope properly too ... There, how'd ya like than big boy? What ya gonna do about it? Well 'ard the Mallard is mine mate, and I'll even go so far as to use SMK pellets to make doubly sure of it too ...
    I' don't if you do any of that at all. As then I'll just use that one on a proper HFT coarse . I'll just go & use one of my other poorly zero'ed rifles for our duel

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B

Pre 1979 scoped springer rifles of choice. Scope not to exceed x9 mag and not px (as is the most common/popular mag used in the real world), ten targets with standard 1" knock-down kill zones set no further than 40 yards (don't do French), and no nearer than 10 yards. Two shots each per target. One point for a plate, two for a knock down. All shots to be taken seated on floor with a bean bag/shooting cushion or standing (shooter's choice), and each shot to be taken within 30 seconds of the scope being drawn up to the eye. I devised these rules for friendly classic comp some time back, as they can be implemented at almost any Air Rifle range using existing positioned targets thus eliminating the need to re-jig an established zeroing or plinking range (we could call this the BBS Classic ) ... Normally I'd say may the best man win although for our purpose of seeing who will win the duck I would have to say may the best muppet loose. Ha ha . Atb: Gareth W-B.
    Seriously I wouldn't giving that ago as the challenge. As long as first & second prize is a 'DUCK'

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B
    ... and don't forget the shiny badges or brightly coloured patches that Pad. E mentioned or I'll sulk ...
    Yes Ian, we want badges, we want badges, we want badges

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

deffo

i will be there and my mates they loved the one at rivington
    classic is the way to go thats what airgunning is all about really

Grayling is offline Lego Leggaed letch and Lohan Lover with added Moist
    An Englishman & Scouser born & bred AND PROUD!
    Date: Sunday 1st Feb. '09
    Venue: Rivington Riflemen INDOOR range (40 yard rifle and 10m pistol/match rifle ranges)
    Within 2 miles of Jnct 6 of the M61 motorwayMaps/directions will be offered to those requiring them nearer the time.
    Price: £5 for the full days fun. Entry fees donated to charity. Snacks and drinks will be available.
    10am - till ?
    Parking is limited to 30-40 cars so car sharing would be ideal.

It has been suggested we could do (fun) competitions over the 40 yards, consistency compts over the chrono, Bring & Buy (seller beware because the buyer can try it! ) Swop shop, etc.
    Is anyone prepared to do a demo on the stripping and maintenance of the more classic springer?

Any more thoughts/ideas?

ATB
    Ian
    DO BIRDS CRAP IN THE FOREST IAN because if they do, its a certainty

I'll be there TOO and hopefully Sir Clifford will honour us with is good self this time.
    THERE IS A LIFE IN PEACE AND STRIFE THAT WE ALL HAVE TO LIVE, WE GIVE OUR BEST THEN GO TO REST, WHEN WE'VE NO MORE TO GIVE.
    Co-founder of Treats 4 British Troops