Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Classic Rifle/Pistol meeting.

Acid House is offline Rivi's very own Shrek (and Coronation Street fan).
    Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    If thats the case I will donate mine to medical science while still living (just).

I couldn't stand the sight of ACID let loose with ..

TOOLS !

ATB
    Ian
    Yes my Sledge Hammer and Monkey wrench are freshly oiled and awaiting there first victim.....

Enlightenment is only a click away http://www.rivington-riflemen.org
    If a man talks in the woods and nobody hears him, is he still wrong?

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    I take it the duck of doom is for the worst shot . Thanks for thinking of me Gareth . I will do my best to win it for you.
    Yep, as per our posts on this very thread (post no.3 through to no.13). I now concede that the Duck of Doom is yours . Ha ha. Have fun matey. Atb: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth W-B View Post
    Yep, as per our posts on this very thread (post no.3 through to no.13), remember? I now concede that the Duck of Doom is yours . Ha ha. Have fun matey. Atb: G.
    my memory isn't what it used to be

I remember now, only because I've just read it again

I do hope to av fun.. I can't see why not,, apart from missing the targets, but I'm used to that anyway..

Regards
    Paddy.
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Gareth W-B is offline Retired Mod & Airgun Anorak Extraordinaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Pad. E View Post
    my memory isn't what it used to be ... I remember now, only because I've just read it again
    ... then may I cordially suggest taking a little more water with it . Ha ha. Atb m8: G.

Done my bit for the BBS: http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-being-a-mod-… now I’m a game-keeper turned poacher.

Could I have directions please. I'm not guaranteed to make it but I'm hoping to
    dogsbody aka Ray

Quote Originally Posted by dogsbody View Post
    Could I have directions please.
    Map/directions e-mailed.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Dont forget........if you are looking for an odd/old/unusual mainspring.....I might have just the one...IF you want to "rumage"

Bring the old one to try & match it up though.

Thumbs up Directions please

Directions please to plaster_tile@ntlworld.com has the format been decided yet??

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete1 View Post
    Directions please to plaster_tile@ntlworld.com has the format been decided yet??
    Map/directions sent by e-mail as requested.

'Has the format been decided' ?

As this is the first one of these our club has held and the first of its kind in the north of England its mostly play it by ear on the day.
    The doors will be open approx. 10am when the ranges (both rifle and pistol) will be opened for you to try any of the rifles available some of which will be marked For Sale (green tickets).
    Any in the 3 rifle racks that the owners give permission for others to try will have white tickets attached with the owners names on them.
    Those without any ticket are the rare or unused ones and can be inspected but please ask the owners before firing them.
    Safety will be to the usual standards (rules displayed) i.e. no loaded guns off the firing points except in the chrono booth.
    There will be a raffle with several good prizes donated by local trade and individuals. This will be drawn at approx. 3pm but any winners not present at that time will be notified.
    Free tea and coffee plus snacks will be available for 10am. and the pot bellied stove on full song.
    Any friendly competitions, rifle and pistol, can be arranged between those present on the day - the 'Duck-of-Doom' has duly been dusted off. The loosers to pay a forfeit to charity?
    Space (and plasters ) will be provided for anyone willing to give any demos on gun repairs and for the Bring & Buy bits and pieces. Remember - strictly NO TRADE.
    Closing time? Who knows/cares. (We have lights. )
    All monies raised form the sale of raffle tickets, entry fees (£5), donations and the sale of NOCITYS stainless mounts screw kits will go towards Bolton Hospice in remembrance of James Gaskell and the clubs recent sad loss.

ATB
    Ian

Hope you all have a good time tomorrow wish I could get there

Thumbs up Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post

Sunday 1st

thanks for the info, I will be looking for a spring for my Model D if anyone has one, One of the pair is broken, if i can get one, anyone can have a go

Quote Originally Posted by Leicastuff View Post
    This event is this SUNDAY.

Quote Originally Posted by pistolpete1 View Post
    Sunday 1st

thanks for the info, I will be looking for a spring for my Model D if anyone has one, One of the pair is broken, if i can get one, anyone can have a go
    Ive been told someone is bringing up a box of mixed springs. Fingers crossed.

ATB
    Ian

I'll bring an old box of miscalanious sights too...if I can dig them out.

Hope to see everyone on the day....weather permitting.

Doesn't look like I'm going, but I hope you all have a good time.

Russ
    Air Arms S400 Classic - Hawke Airmax 3-9x40 AO MAP6, SMK QB78 DL - JSR 4x40 Mildot ill.El Gamo ASI sniper, BSA Airsporter MkVI. UBC#22 - Sheridan EB22, Gamo Compact:R77-4:Falcon, Walther PPK, CP88 shiney, SMK G10, Baikal 53M:MAK, Crosman 357

AT this meet I will have two boxes (1250 pellets in a box) of "WEBLEY PREMIER" yes I did say WEBLEY,,.177, 7.9grn, £15 a box,, plus have a box for anyone to try some to see if they suit your gun.