Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Classic Rifle/Pistol meeting.

A good day out. I throughly enjoyed myself.
    Many thanks to everybody who worked hard to make it a successful day. Heres to the next one.
    atb
    dogsbody aka Ray

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Tell you what chaps, there were guns there that I couldn't pronounce never mind shoot!
    Roy.
    Yes Roy. I heard you struggling with Gat.

Great to see so many people attend and loads of new faces. The event was a great success. I look forward to GRAYLING unbiased report.

Thank you to all who attended and supported this event.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post

And Ray, I left everyone's wheel trims alone!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Hi Roy,

You should have said if you were struggling.

I'd have given you a lift.

Excellent day....many thanks to Ray,I.J.,"Fungus face"....Alf & all the other Rivi men (& women)....great club,very welcoming members & some really knowledgable guests made this a day not to forget.

Events like this can only benefit the Airguning scene.....along with the chosen charity.....& it was nice to see all ages tun out & be able to handle airguns that some of us only dream about!

A personal message to other BBS members...there will be another of these meetings later in the year....make time to go.It was a 5 hour round trip for me & it was one I will always remember.It was the sad loss of one of Rivi's young members that struck home with me....but i'm sure he would have celebrated the effort his fellow members put in to make the day so special.Well done guys.

I'm back home now....scoffed me nosh & sipping a wee dram of scottish nectar...ATB,hwvixen.

Can't wait for the next one ..

really enjoyed it ...... a shame I had leave early.

It was good to meet the visitors even the Scousers. I shot some rifles that I doubt I would get chance to even touch in any other circumstances. It was also a great chance to learn from others.

I have been around shooting clubs all of my life and in my humble opinion Rivington Riflemen have something very special.

Proud to be a member.

Roduk the Rookie

ps. Next time we must have a Bell Target match ...... Rivi v Visitors.

Proper style with one old underlever/opensights per team relevant trophy the works. Great fun that raises a lot of funds with forfeits and side bets.

I'll take you up on that Rod....

Never ever shot Bell Target (before my time).......but if challenged..

You shoot it - I'll cook it.

Thanks for all the very kind words. As soon as we finalize a date for later this year it will be published on here and other airgun sites. Maybe this time (and with space ) we will get around to doing the strip down demo and more classic fun competitions. The Duck Of Doom remains unwanted.

ATB
    Ian
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    You shoot it - I'll cook it.

Thanks for all the very kind words. As soon as we finalize a date for later this year it will be published on here and other airgun sites. Maybe this time (and with space ) we will get around to doing the strip down demo and more classic fun competitions. The Duck Of Doom remains unwanted.

ATB
    Ian
    Typical with all my Jackals & other air-rifles I was hitting the targets very consistantly. Next time round if you decide to do the competitions I'll miss them all
    BE-HAPPY-OK

Well I.J. ....I was looking forward to your "strip down".....

Now i'm sure you are able & well qualified....for many a H.W. or FWB dissemboweling's...but,...can I watch..

Many thanks again for the "lunch" provided...i'm still trying to work off the calories...pork pies,sauseage rolls...and on and on.....!