Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BSA tactical case

We have two of the JSR Homeland, (with plans for another two when they get some more stock) the only downer with them, is that there are no internal straps, so a couple will have to be added, I think.

MojoCrow is offline It rubs the lotion on the anarchist ginger tom.....
    I bought a Garlands Carbine Tactical Rifle Case from gamefayre.co.uk http://www.fishermanstacklecompany.c...d=6353547_4017 in Realtree APG for my S200 mk.3. It opens out enough to used as a shooting mat, but i'm far too precious to lay it down in the mud. I'll lay down in the mud (cue The Who's song: 'I'm a boy'......'Wanna play cricket on the green
    Ride my bike across the street
    Cut myself and see my blood
    Wanna come home all covered in mud. I'm a boy, I'm a boy
    But my ma won't admit it
    I'm a boy, I'm a boy
    But if I say I am, I get it').
    Customised AA S400 Carbine
    Ros beef, go home! www.buxtedshootingclub.co.uk SiHFT winners 2008 2009 2010

Walsall...Birth Place of the Battered Mars Bar
    Go for the Logun Tactical Case.. very well made..plenty big enough for a rifle with large scope and bipod.

Get my hw100 with bipod and large scope in there with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoCrow View Post
    I bought a Garlands Carbine Tactical Rifle Case from gamefayre.co.uk http://www.fishermanstacklecompany.c...d=6353547_4017 in Realtree APG for my S200 mk.3. It opens out enough to used as a shooting mat, but i'm far too precious to lay it down in the mud. I'll lay down in the mud (cue The Who's song: 'I'm a boy'......'Wanna play cricket on the green
    Ride my bike across the street
    Cut myself and see my blood
    Wanna come home all covered in mud. I'm a boy, I'm a boy
    But my ma won't admit it
    I'm a boy, I'm a boy
    But if I say I am, I get it').
    Ever seen The Fast Show? 'Jumpers for goalposts........'
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

Hi there activeviii

I'd suggest a look at the Web-Tex sniper bag, the things built for some serious use and is a damn fine piece of kit!

Here's some pics for your leisure mate....

Back Harness

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...ackharness.jpg

Full Length

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...fulllength.jpg

Pouches

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...73/pouches.jpg

Zip Opening

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/l...73/zipopen.jpg

Front Zip Compartment

http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll56/DVS1973/zip.jpg

Had mine only a short while but its replaced my need for a day sack to carry any extra bits in....its got that much storage space if required!

My only gripe is the location of the two carry handles.....slightly wrongly placed but if the bags contents are balanced its fine.

atb

DVS
    Better To Be Tried By Twelve Than Carried By Six

I realise this is an ancient thread but I was just about to pick up a bsa tactical case and saw this first. Anyone know if the quality has improved, or if not a similar priced alternative ? The JSR one now seems unavailable.

I have one of each size of the Tactical Carbine Backpack variety, not the ones that double up as a shooting mat.

Cannot fault them really, I know there were isuues with some of the manufacturing standards a while back but they seem to be more reliable these days.

A few reviews;

Review by J Stannard
    Collected via Trustpilot 5 star review
    Fantastic bag good quality.

Review by Daniel Jamshidzadeh
    Collected via Trustpilot 4 star review
    Good and reliable product

Review by Jon Barker
    Slightly larger (5 length) than my old BSA bag which makes all the difference in protection to my rifle and scope. Quality material strong zip and useful pockets. Shoulder strap included. They were out of stock so I initiated an email update when stock came in. I received the email a few days later but this had been allocated on back order for an earlier customer. Fair enough! However staff went the extra mile called the customer and as he was away they could reallocate the bag to me ready for a shoot the following weekend. Cant fault them!

Review by Mr Clive Elderkin
    Much better quality than others at same price or more expensive. Strong material and zips / fittings and reasonably well padded for the price

Review by Tony
    Quality product at a great price . Well padded with plenty of pockets for all those extra bits and pieces. Fits my Lightening with 42 mm scope perfectly .

Review by Clive
    Fits my Brockock Bantam with Discovery 6x2450 scope with room to spare.

Review by Roy Pullinger
    Very well made would recommend

Review by Damione
    Collected via Trustpilot 4 star review
    Fantastic rifle bag with plenty of padding. loads if room in main compartment for a rifle with scope and bipod attached. lost a star as i need a bigger pouch the the biggest one on it and wish it had buttons instead of velcro. I hate velcro. like the metal clasps instead of the usual plastic.

Review by Paul Reilly
    Perfect for my rifle and really well made!

Thanks for that, you are way faster searching the net than me ! I’ll give one a try then, I guess if it fails I can always return it. If I remember I’ll do a review in 6 months time

Well I went to the Bolton branch shop of Cheshire Gun Room to look at the BSA case. The staff member was great, pointing out that my setup would be a tight fit and wouldn’t recommend it. I have to say the bsa case is really disappointing. The material doesn’t look at all tough. Everything seems single stitched.The padding is so thick that even with nothing inside it is bulging the zips so much it’s incredibly hard to close. Garbage IMO.
    Steve then recommended another case. Now I use Maxpedition gear a bit as I love how tough it is, downside is the price. This case looked built just as well as my MaxP stuff, has loads of space, tons of pockets ... and is just around £12 more than the BSA one.
    I got it home and the R10 SE and Optisan 10x40 fits great. In fact, 2 of them would ! I decided carrying my Gamo Compact in a separate case might be a pain so I put that in a pocket. Then put 2 pairs of shooting glasses in. Then ammo. Then gloves. Then bits like charging adapters. There’s still 6 spare pockets and space for another rifle. Zips look plenty strong, double stitching everywhere, adjustable straps everywhere and Velcro straps to hold your rifle.
    All for around £55 ! I’ll report back in around 6 months to say how it’s holding up

http://www.nuprolairsoft.eu/index.ph...-tan-2259.html
    Last edited by mikehill; 18-01-2019 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by activeviii View Post
    Anyone else have one of these?

I bought one a little while ago and i really wish i hadn't

I have spent more time trying to repair it and sew the pigging thing up than i have had the rifle in it.

Spoke to the online shop and they wouldn't help with out proof of and i spoke to a Mr Martineau via an email and short and sweet saying basically 'TUFF'

Have i just a bad case or is it a bad style of case. i bought if so when i put a bi-pod on that there would be room in the case for it. before i have even put the pod on the case i have had to sew the zip back in and then yesterday even more zip went.

Sorry, i think I'm venting steam at the moment as BSA products haven't done what their built for.

Rant over...
    Nice zombie revival
    Ahhh Mr Martineau, now there's a legend in his own lunchtime!

Last I heard he went from BSA to manage the Cambridge University Netball Team.
    A much more appropriate position than trying to help the BSA customers who paid his wages