Thread: Diana model 2 .177 pop out pistols

premierpistol is offline Six out of seven dwarfs aren't happy

Diana model 2 .177 pop out pistols

Hello collectors! I have a pair of Diana model 2 pistols which i may sell, I've had them from being a kid but have just found them again stashed in my Dad's attic, they are both in .177 flavour smoothbore, complete with loading probe screws, and in good nick for their age, They are both blued but this has worn slightly in places with usage and age.

I had been told these were made in around the 1930's as after that they were made with plastic type grips wheras these have wooden grips? also one is marked BRITISH MADE and the other MADE IN BRITAIN I'd like to be corrected if any of you have better info or knowledge of such things please!

I've put some pics on photobucket and this is the link to my album here, http://photobucket.com/premierpistol Could any of you give me an idea of their worth please

I'll be looking to sell them but maybe after i've had a little plink in the garden with them Hehe

ATVB PAUL
    Last edited by premierpistol; 16-08-2008 at 07:20 PM.

I would like one as a memory of my first airgun.
    I have seen them about but they only fetch about twenty quid each.
    Post me with a price

Smile

hello paul

i may be wrong but i think these are from th 50's.

the diana machines and tooling were shipped over here after the second world war (spoils of war!) and millard bros recieved the lot.
    they carried on making the quality german spec gear but later to reduce costs, their stuff was made to a much lower spec and i think they eventually ceased trading as their stuff was so bad that no one wanted it

i handled one of these ( of german make) about fifteen years ago and the huntress was actually raised as if pressed from the inside, it surprised me just how well this pistol performed

regards, john

btw, i was supposed to have been buying the pistol from the guy but in the meantime he sold it to someone else
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

I think they must be worth a fortune Did I mention I had one

Diana mod 2 dates

Have a look at the bottom of the grip ( butt) should be some figures for date of maufacture EG 5 59 for may 1959 etc.

Just picked one up today from a boot sale...but the date on the butt is worn off
    War does not determine who is right; War determines who is left.

I had several of these pistols along with Gats when I was about 13 - 15, so this would be 1965 - 1967. All the Diana pop outs had wooden handles, I've never seen one with plastic grips? Not saying there weren't any of course

Hello,

If your selling these pistols, let me know.

Thanks,

Sam