Thread: BKL split mounts. Where?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Enzo Guest

Question BKL split mounts. Where?

I've decided to get some BKL split mounts for my new 10x40 sniper scope.

Anyone know where I can purchase said mounts?

ATB Gordon

Try daystate, they have a website, google it!

BAR

If it's 25 mm you're after - I have some new ones, still boxed, lying in a dark recess of my house somewhere.

Lionel

Enzo Guest
    Originally posted by lionel
    If it's 25 mm you're after - I have some new ones, still boxed, lying in a dark recess of my house somewhere.

Lionel
    thanks Lionel - but I'm after a 30 mm mount with 11 to 14 mm rail width. (BSA Hornet)

ATB Gordon

Shaggy Guest
    Snap I did the same thing!

I bought mine via the US which haven't arrived yet but I am hoping they will be here in the morning pleaseeeeeee

anyway, for 30mm reach forward double strap 2 set cost me including postage came to £84. Now the rule of thumb I seem to see alot about value is $ to £ so if you want a scope mount in the US it could be $70 which would mean it would be £70 over here. then you bring in the value to the pound & it makes it more interesting. you have to add on of course postage, Import Duty & VAT. if may sound alot but! look at this

I bought 2 sets including postage which after converting back in £ was £84, now you are exempt to the value of about£12, but to make it easy I did the working out at full value to show it's not that much.

so I payed £84 to get it over here from the US when it arrives over here I'll need to cough up 4% Duty on the £84 the complete price paid (postate & Goods(the total amount spent in the US is used to work out duty)) so 4% duty on £84 is £3.36 then finally you pay the VAT which is £15.28. This means the total comes to to £102.56. so if I bought them in the UK they would have cost me around £140 so I saved £37.44

There could be another fee if Parcel Force or Royal mail deliver it to your door is their Clearence fee's. most of the other carriers I have used don't have this little extra, but apparently thou they could charge.

I won't say where I got em from to be fair, it's easy thou look for the name

Hope it helps?

Darren

I too went through this when I got a 30mm scope. I thought the UK resellers were 'taking the mickey'. I could buy from America, pay everything (VAT/Duty) carriage blah blah, and it was still worth doing.

I'm the first to support UK businesses where I can, but even if the UK resellers weren't getting any discount at all (yeah right), I'd be paying a premium for what? I've never heard of a mount falling apart so what do I need a warranty for? US vs. UK was more than double in comparison.

Then someone on the BBS offered some Sportsmatch 'doubles' and I bought those instead. Weeks later I got some BLK's the same way.

You'll save money if you can wait...

To be good, one must do good.

Snapshot. Guest
    Originally posted by lionel

Lionel
    I'm interested. Please would you email me with how much you want and where you are. I can collect 'em if they're in my budget.

Jonathan

Talking

Blackpool air rifiles 0870 4430 264 they might be able to help

Steve